Samsung HLP5063WX/XAA 50" DLP

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
guitarman058
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLP5063WX/XAA 50" DLP

Postby guitarman058 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:57 pm

Hello to everyone been a long time. I helped a friend of mine out by trading him my Samsung DLP working for his HLP5063WX. He said he needed a DLP Bulb so I picked one up for him figured that was it. Ricardo called me a week later and said it still had problems. I took it a part and found that the color wheel had come apart and was able to get him one and he replaced it which for a living he does Caddillac at a dealer ship and handles electronics and A/C work.

Ricardo called me up and said color was all messed up so I went over to his house and yes it was a green tint to picture and best way to discribe it was colors where not lined up GREEN. I retraced his steps and pulled the color wheel back out thinking maybe he installed it wrong wires or?? I cleaned everything up reinstalled color wheel and picture was the same green goast shadow over entire front screen like it needed calibration like the old rear projection TV did from time to time and after they where moved. Does anyone have any ideas what problem this might be??

Thanks

Howard (guitarman058)

Model HLP 5063WX/XAA
[size=150]guitarman058, (Have a great day smile and pass it on)[/size]

[img]

[/img]

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: Samsung HLP5063WX/XAA 50" DLP

Postby ovadoggvo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:55 am

Howard,

I think I know what your problem with the HL-P5063WX color offset is. I believe you have swapped out the original gold bearing BP96-00674A colorwheel with the air bearing version whixh is newer.

The BP9600674A has two versions that when one is switched with another, the jumper CN1 needs to be replaced or placed on your dmd board (easy to do).

Please see the writing on the bottom of this page for an explanation:

http://www.discount-merchant.com/p-146870-samsung-bp96-00674a-replacement-color-wheel-with-housing-svp-50l3hr.aspx

Here is a detailed guide on how to change the jumper:

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/2008/09/26/replacement-of-the-samsung-color-wheel-bp96-00674a/

Please let us know how it goes!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”