Samsung HLR 6167 WAX/XAA

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
guitarman058
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLR 6167 WAX/XAA

Postby guitarman058 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:09 pm

This is actually an old problem and I just can not find, getting old and blind, LOL. I recieved my old 61" Samsung HLR 6167 WAX/ XAA from my son. I am thinking this happened when my son and or I was moving this DLP around.

On the left side of this DLP 61" sceen from top to bottom next to the edge of plastic frame at screen there is a 2 to 3inch shadow that runs top to bottom of screen. You can see the picture moving behind the shadow. I was told something has dropped down behind the lens and it needs to be rest into postion, but for the life of me I can not find the problem any ideas?? I have replaced the power board, new bulb and color wheel which all 3 things needed replacing anyway.

HELP HELP, :-)

Thanks

Howard (guitarman058)
[size=150]guitarman058, (Have a great day smile and pass it on)[/size]

[img]

[/img]

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: Samsung HLR 6167 WAX/XAA

Postby ovadoggvo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:01 am

Howard,

From your description about your HLR6167WAX 61" DLP Television.. it seems like your issue is related to a collapsing light tunnel. The light tunnel is made up of 4 mirrors that reflect the light of the elliptical lamp through to the DMD chip. These four little mirrors collapse over time and can be found in the middle of a metal housing. The glue from the backside weekens causing them to collaps.

I have sucessfully reglued the light tunnels before with a tad bit of patience and some epoxy thats heat resistent.

Look here:

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1353

Let me know if you find it!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”