repair question samsung hlr5067w

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
light0070702
Contributor
Contributor

repair question samsung hlr5067w

Postby light0070702 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:51 pm

first off i want to say thank you to all of you guys for helping people on this site and changing america's throw away thinking. well he goes i came across this tv that would be stuck in boot loop i plug it in with out touching anything comes on. light comes on starts up fine but shuts down and just keeps comming on just like that. the thing that suprised me was when i check paower to the balast i got as followed unplugged off 28 dcv even when plugged in tv turns on automatically i get 300 before boot then drops to 280 dcv am i looking at a bad power supply nd if so is the old one repairable as in the two big caps on it need to be replace any pointers would be helpfull

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: repair question samsung hlr5067w

Postby grayfox » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the details, makes it easier to help! I have to ask before I begin trouble shooting (solves 90% of problems around here), when was the last time you replaced the lamp and did you do so with an OEM Philips brand lamp (the same bulb installed at factory)?

I note that for your TV model it is either a BP96-01073A or BP96-00826A depending on the fabrication year.

You mentioned some busted capacitors in your email I would suggest if you are comfortable with a soldering tool, to replace them or have them replaced its fairly inexpensive and worth a try..

Let me know, I hope I can help!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”