Samsung hlr4667wax/xaa

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Samsung hlr4667wax/xaa

Postby matts6887 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Lamp wont fire on this tv!; Ive replaced all the other major components. Ive replaced the color wheel, the ballast, the dmd board and the lamp and i am still getting no lamp and all 3 led lights on the front are flashing. Where do i go with this now? I am sure I have gotten the correct replacement lamp for this tv but still; nothing is working. Please advise where to go from here. Something tells me i have a bad color wheel; but I dont know for sure. And i cannot afford to pay a in home tech to come out to fix the issue so i need to solve this myself. Thanks, Matt

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung hlr4667wax/xaa

Postby grayfox » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:55 am

hello again,

it seems you have changed every component and I am assuming you double checked every connection and made sure the cover and lamp door was back in place before firing the TV up again (or attempting to)..

Can you describe in detail the blinking of the lights? on some models, the amount of times they blink then remain steady indicate codes of where the error takes place. Note that the blinking can be ongoing and if so we are going to have to trouble shoot in depth!

Hope I can be of service.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:28 am

Indeed; the lights have a steady blinking; which leads me to believe there could be a bad color wheel which is one of the things that was replaced.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Hmm so no error code, any details you could describe on a play by play? Like from the instant you plug in your TV press the power button.. ?

Noises, boot cycles, spark sounds, screen flashing, lamp can be seen ignited from the back...

Hope I can help.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Well; i think i may have found my problem. Like a complete goof; I ordered a replacement lamp thinking it was a authentic original philips brand lamp for samsung dlp tvs; but instead i got a knock off lamp which i should have noticed from the start. So i ordered what appears to be the correct one with the original box for it off ebay. It shows the lamp code sticker on the front of the box in the pics on ebay as being the correct one. So; hopefully with the correct one i should be receiving; it should fix the problem. If it does not; i will of course post back here and obtain further assistance from you or anyone else that can possibly assist. Thanks grayfox! :)

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:22 pm

I got the replacement lamp today which is a authentic original samsung lamp. Assuming this one is not defective which it appears its not but anything is possible; where do i go from here because i am still not getting the lamp to light and i am getting all 3 led's on the front power button flashing. now, when that happened the last time; the research i found showed that it was most likely the color wheel that was defunct. Originally; before i replaced the color wheel; that was the case as the original color wheel shattered. I got the new one; put it in and i got no lamp. From that point i replaced the dmd board, the ballast, and finally the lamp. Is it possible i have gotten a bad color wheel again? Or is it possible the supposed working dmd board and ballast actually dont work even though supposedly they were tested? What do i do from here because i am really getting tired of racking my brain on this one lol. Thanks Matt

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Hello matt,

I can understand your frustration and I apologize for the late response, your replies somehow get lost in all of the posts, do not worry I put a tracker on your username!

So again wow! you have replaced every major component in the TV, please correct me if I am wrong but you also replaced the lamps ballast am I right?

Where all your replacement parts purchased on eBay? DMD, Colorwheel, etc?

To me it sounds like a Colorwheel or Ballast issue.. A DMD will hardly prevent the TV from actually turning on as opposed to giving you on screen problems..

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:02 am

I believe it could be a color wheel issue as well because I dont hear the spinning of the color wheel. As for the ballast; not sure about that one as thats been replaced with one thats been supposedly tested and is in working order so i dunno. As far as where i got my parts from. I got them all off ebay. And yes i know ya gotta be careful on ebay and believe me i have been very careful. The guy I bought the color wheel from has been more than helpful. He has gone above and beyond to try and help me out and he said if i need to he would send out another color wheel that i can put in and see if it fixes the issue. For the lamp; I made sure it was authentic in terms of being one that samsung would use from the factory and it is a authentic; not a knockoff and it is brand new just out of the box it originally came in. I just hope the lamp still isnt the issue but i dont think it is. From what i can tell; I think its that stupid color wheel because i cant hear any spinning of the color wheel. I only hear 2 clicks; one small one coming from the the board where the cable for cable tv connects to; and another louder one coming from what i believe is the ballast. Im gonna try and have another color wheel sent to me and see what that does.

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Anyone.........anyone????

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Hello matts,

And how awesome of a seller, you don't get many of those around ebay. the more you explain the problem the more you convince me that it might just very well be the colorwheel (I am sure the seller and yourself are using the proper BP96-00674A model for this TV). I am a little more than confused about the clicking sound.. are you sure it is coming from the input board? (where the cable connects)

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:23 pm

I dunno. Im thinking its still the color wheel as well. Someone else told me it could be the main/analog board where the cable for cable tv connects to so I took that out also to examine it and i did not see any burn marks or anything of that nature so i dont think that is the issue. Problem is now im not sure if i remember exactly where all the ribbon cables for the analog/main board go and what connectors each one connects to. I really dont want to have to pay for a service diagram to figure it out so if you can point me in the direction of where i might be able to find one that would be good.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Yeah I asked for the same reason, but see if the main input board was malfunctioning the TV would still start up, it will just give you distortion, bad input, etc. I agree with your diagnostic, unfortunately getting a diagram for that Samsung will be near impossible let me see if i can find a picture in my hdd.. The cables should all have their unique plugs so to not connect anything wrongfully. I would give that ebay seller a chance to try out that second colorwheel when you have a chance to take the tv apart again..

I hope I can be of some help, let me know, hopefully someone else jumps in! I am having one of my techs read your thread..

Good luck!

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:37 am

Ok. Now that i know it should at least start up with a bad main board; Im gonna have to go the route of getting a new color wheel and try that out and see what happens. As far as the cables for the analog/digital board; yea i would appreciate any insight as to what goes where; so pics would be very good if you can find them. Thanks, Matt

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Let me know how it goes, hopefully that ebay seller will do good on his word and let you test an exchange. Unfortunately I did not find a pic of an installed main input board.. Will try www.samsungparts.com their support team is usually helpful, I will get back to you once they respond. Keep me updated!

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:08 pm

Well; as far as where all the cables go for the main/analog board where the cable for cable tv go; fortunately it seems that each plug is different so they can only fit into one connector on the board so i believe i got them all in the right place. I will find out for sure though hopefully once and if i can ever get the new lamp to fire. I just hope what i thought was suppose to be a good working ballast; does not turn out to be a dud; as i will be pissed big time. It is claimed to be in working order but with some of these sellers; who knows whether its the truth or not for sure. I also hope the new lamp that I got which was suppose to be brand new just out of the box; is not a dud either.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:00 pm

Those are one too many "ifs" I was reading you other post where you mention a click on the ballast, does that happen with every ignition attempt?

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:35 am

Sorry for being absent for so long from the forums; Ive just been uber uber busy over the past few months. Yes; it does seem as if i am getting a clicking every time i try to turn the tv on. But its hard to tell if its coming from the ballast for sure or coming from somewhere else. This is driving me nuts because I dont just want to "throw away" this tv. Up until this happened where the first thing that happened was the color wheel went out; everything was working just fine. But now that Ive replaced the color wheel several times; without a working result; Im at a dead end here. I just dont know what to do anymore. You wanna talk about going crazy?....shoot....Im already there thanks to this thing lol

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:11 pm

grayfox....are ya out there somewhere and can ya chime in on the above? Thanks Matt

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:15 am

No worries,

Yes ok so the clicking has to be at the ballast end, so if you replaced the ballast, logically this would only leave the lamp, where did you purchase the lamp from?

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:28 am

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:00 am

I understand this frustration do not worry, the only reason I asked after all that trouble shooting is because sometimes I will go full circle and end up replacing the lamp and Voila!..

But sure any RPTV is relatively easy to work with.. this one for example I am sure you put you time and rebuilt everything properly, but sometimes i leave something alone for a couple of days and when i come back to it I notice something off, like a lamp door cover switch i forgot to replace or got bitten off etc..

Either way you decide to go we are here to help!

matts6887
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby matts6887 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Well fox; the thing is; Ive just about exhausted every possibility i can think of; and at this point i just do not know what else to do because this thing has driven me out of my mind.....actually....too late for that.....I was already there before this and because of this thing lol. I just do not know what to do anymore. As for the lamp; like i said; the lamp is a genuine samsung lamp that was new in the sealed samsung box.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Let me read all your posts maybe I missed something... I hate it when I run around a TV so much that I recognize its smell hehehe (I try to stay positive by laughter!)

Return to “Samsung Discussion”