Hlr5067wax/xaa hdmi stopped working

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Slowcelica

Hlr5067wax/xaa hdmi stopped working

Postby Slowcelica » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:21 am

I have a hlr5067wax/xaa and my hdmi port stopped working, I tried resetting through the factory service menu and it still doesn't work. My analog inputs work but when I unplug the tv for about 5 minutes the analog get wavy and one of them blinks between no signal and the picture. Once it warms up the analog stops doing that, and doesn't do it again until you in plug it again. The hdmi before it went out if I moved the cable the picture would go in and out, I've tried a blue ray player, different homi cables and still nothing. I can get it to switch to the hdmi source if I press down on the plug but I still get weak or no signal. Any ideas? Is it my digital card? If so where can I get the part # for the card?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Hlr5067wax/xaa hdmi stopped working

Postby grayfox » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Hello slowcelica,

It sounds to me that you have a bad input board and/or digital video board..

Quick explanation on how they work:

The main input board has both digital and analog inputs, this send the digital inputs directly to the "motherboard" (DMD) to be displayed as images on your screen. Now an analog input would have to be "digitized" before being able to be displayed on this big screen so it would have to go through an accurately named Digital Video Board.

Normally to test for which one to change I would ask you to try both digital and analog inputs and see the result but you have already done that so I am going to assume that maybe both need replacing BUT I would suggest you consider the Digital Video Board first. Very Important, if ordering a replacement digital video board for any Samsung DLP TV, you have to order it by the number on the actual board.. I know there are many videos on www.youtube.com that can show you where it is located, all Samsungs follow the same internal layout.

I hope this helps and keep us posted!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”