Samsung HLN437WX / XAA

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Blowndsg

Samsung HLN437WX / XAA

Postby Blowndsg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:34 pm

So we had a power surge a few weeks ago and it killed a bunch of items in the house, one of them being my Samsung HLN437WX / XAA. I have pulled the main three boards out to look for physical damage and I do not see or smell any burnt parts. I'm new to fixing TV's so I do not know what the boards are called. (Sorry about that) The boards are on the back left side. The power cord connects to one and the other two slide out. Anyways when your try to turn on the TV it makes one clicking sound and then goes off. The lamp, fans, color wheel, etc. do not try and turn on. The green front light comes on then off. No other lights come on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung HLN437WX / XAA

Postby grayfox » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Hello Blowndsg,

I am sorry to hear that, I guess I can try by giving you a basic explanation of some of the boards that I think you looked at, even though when theres a power surge no component is safe.

The primary suspect would be the one that plugs the TV into the Power Outlet, this is called a Main Power Supply Board, and this distributes power to everything from the lamp and ballast to the little fans cooling the TV. Many visual inspections can me made, for example for blown capacitors, if you are a little more techie maybe you know how to test for a short with a multimeter?

The other part that is grounded electronically to devices is the Main Input Board, this is the one where you plug in all your players, consoles, cable boxes, etc. Sometimes there's an Auxiliary input board on the side of the TV for easy on the fly access. this one is a little harder to diagnose for, and it send the video to the Digital video board and also directly to the DMD Board (the DMD is like the motherboard of the TV).

You can begin with the three most common consumable parts in your TV, I would check the lamp model BP96-00224J, ballast model BP47-00008A and colorwheel model BP96-00250A. If you have a hard time finding these 3 parts there are GUIDES on www.fixyourdlp.com that you could follow, they might not be for the HLN437WX/XAA but most Samsungs are the same inside. if any of these parts was affected visually that's why I included the part numbers.

It has been my experience that after this scenario either the Power Supply or the Lamp suffers damage, was your TV plugged directly on the wall socket?

Please let me know what you find I hope this helps, and remember always buy OEM, like say if you need a new OEM bulb, Samsung uses Philips original lamps from factory. If you have any questions please let me know! Glad to help!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”