HLS-6767WX/XAA

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
dzcinci

HLS-6767WX/XAA

Postby dzcinci » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:06 am

I appreciate all of the help people provide here. I learned a lot, but have reached a stopping point.

I have a HLS6767-WX/XAA. Quit working. No video/audio. 3 flashing indicators on the front.

Ordered a new lamp and this did not change anything.

I opened the back. Jumpered the lamp door interlock.

Found that even the fans were not turning on.

Ordered and installed a new power board. Now I heard relays clicking, transformers powering on, and the fans turn on.

Still no lamp. I am not hearing the color wheel spin up.

I take the color wheel out (still plugged in). It spins freely by hand but does not spin up.

I order a new color wheel. New color wheel does not spin up either.

I order a new DMD board. Replace board. Color wheel still does not spin up (both wheels).

I am not sure where to go next.

Current symptoms:

Power on; relays click; fans turn on; lamp indicator light on the front panel blinks ~30 seconds; green LED on the DMD board is on solid (no blink); color wheel does not spin up. After ~30 seconds TV goes into standby mode, DMD LED and fans turn off.

Any suggestions?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HLS-6767WX/XAA

Postby grayfox » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Wow seems like you have done some work to this TV, and it is worth it for this is a beautiful hug screen.

Well thanks to your points I was able to determine two things I would do next if this was mine. Because of the clicking you describe I want to focus my troubleshooting on the most common and easy to fix items The Lamp and the Lamps Ballast.

First of all I want to say 90% of the times I have been running out of ideas, the lamp turns out to be defective (ballast cant power a bad lamp so it clicks or arches) so you want to begin making sure you have the OEM Philips bulb in lamp model BP96-01472A.

If the lamp is a Philips OEM brand new lamp (this is what Samsung uses from factory), then I would take a look at the ballast I believe its part number BP47-00037A for your TV HLS-6767WX/XAA, please take a look at the guide in the link below and check to see if the clicking is originating from the location of the ballast..

Hope this helps!

http://guides.fixyourdlp.com/samsung/bp47-00033a.php
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”