SP50L7HX won't start up...help!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
CardiffMatt

SP50L7HX won't start up...help!

Postby CardiffMatt » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:52 am

Hi all,

I've had this TV for a while now and its been working absolutely fine. Then suddenly its decided it won't switch on! (literally overnight - it was working fine when I switched it off at midnight and wouldn't come back on when I got up!) I'm really hoping someone here can help me diagnose and possibly fix the problem.

The TV goes through its normal start-up sequence and during this the fan light in the main display flashes just once and goes out again (very occasionally accompanied by the temperature warning light). The TV fails to come on, shuts down and then tries its start-up sequence again. It goes through this 3 or 4 times and then gives up and just displays the exclamation mark symbol (which according to the manual means the back cover is off....which it isn't...)

The fan itself is working fine, and I've had the back cover off to check that the wires are all in place and there's very little dust inside the set.

I don't want to go replacing things cluelessly, mainly due to cost and me not having the cash to spare right now!

Can anybody help with diagnosing the problem or does anyone have experience of anything similar?

Thanks in advance!

Matthew

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: SP50L7HX won't start up...help!

Postby grayfox » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Hello,

ok this one is a little peculiar given the order in which you describe this happened.

I would one: make sure you remove the back door once more and check to see if the door trigger if placed correctly and has not been pushed away during removal.

I would next inquire as to when the last time you changed your lamp was?
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

CardiffMatt

Postby CardiffMatt » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:44 am

Hi grayfox,

Thanks for replying :-)

The door trigger seems fine and I have also tried holding the trigger closed (with the door off) to make sure.

I've never changed the lamp - the picture's as bright as its ever been (well, it was.....) and the set has a specific warning light when it thinks the lamp needs changing, so I've just left it alone :-) My first thought was the lamp tbh, but given that I've had no warning, I'd like to be able to confirm that's the problem before jumping in and changing it.....if that's possible of course!

Matt

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:32 pm

True most people wait until it goes out to change it , when the time comes just make sure you order an original Philips brand lamp!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”