Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
antero
Contributor
Contributor

HLR6768WX/XAA Ballast Replacement Help!

Postby antero » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:44 pm

Hi

I've been getting for time some issues with my set, notice the brightness goes a little on and off when there's a too clear scene, I always tought the issue was my lamp that already has 7000 hours, then I installed a compatible model phillips found in ebay, the only difference was the housing case to be in the botton slightly bigger but with a little push went in and worked for a little more than a month, with the only issue to be a few times the TV getting shutting down that I tought the reason to be overheating, so after the installation in the back of the set of 2 medium size fans and the lamp door little blue lever taped down, the shutting down issues minimizes, but 2 weeks later once I was watching my coomputer installed in the DVI connector the tv shut off and gave the 3 links once it failed to turn on, did some test with the service menu to prove the DMD board works good, so I tought something could be bad with the new lamp installed just 2 months ago and I removed it and re-installed the old one working good with my computer DVI for quiet a long time and at the moment not shutting off, only showing the brightness issue from time to time, that encouraged me to order another lamp but with the idea to use the same old housing and hope that is the solution, but now before I'm proceeding I think the ballast could be the real issue here and I ordered another one that just came today, I will swap the new lamp into the housing and install it in my set today but I'm extremelly nervous to touch the ballast since I can't find any tutorial or video for my TV model, any help will be apreciated and I can provide pictures of my tv interior if needed.

antero
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLR6768WX/XAA Ballast Replacement Help!

Postby antero » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:50 am

Just leaving an update, I did the ballast replacement and TV working perfect now.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HLR6768WX/XAA Ballast Replacement Help!

Postby grayfox » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:02 am

Hello,

Sorry I just saw your post. Just to clarify the OEM lamp is Philips on all Samsung TVs. Compatibles are just another way to say generic.. they work but are not as bright and dont last as long as an OG Philips.

Did you use any guides you might post for other to see? Ballast replacement can be done by beginners since its all plug and play but it does get tricky at some times, regardless of your expertise, kudos!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”