HL-S4266W powers off after 1 minute of picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
nsafreak

HL-S4266W powers off after 1 minute of picture

Postby nsafreak » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:11 am

Greetings folks, hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction to fix this problem because I'm stumped as to what the problem is with this set. Recently my Samsung HL-S4266W has started to cut itself off after about a minute of power. I turn the unit on, I hear the ballast fire, a picture comes on the screen (no distortion or other video defects that I can see) and then after about a minute the TV cuts the picture and the three LEDs on the power button for Timer,Lamp & Power Standby continuously flash. Here's what I've done so far:

[*]I've removed the bulb assembly from the set and visually examined the bulb. No defects were seen anywhere on the bulb and the filament was intact from the bulb to the bulb housing. I took the complete assembly to a shop that sells Phillips bulbs that work in this set and they stated they didn't see anything wrong with the bulb either

[*]I've checked the fan that's on the DMD board for this unit to make sure it's freely spinning. It is and when I power the set up I am able to see the fan spinning at a good speed so it seems like that board is being properly cooled

[*]I have taken my MetroVac DataVac ED50 and blown out inside the set. There really wasn't much dust at all inside but I wanted to make sure it wasn't dust causing an overheat issue

[*]I should note that when I power up the set there's a low humming noise that sounds like the colorwheel. I don't hear any grinding or anything else unpleasant so I think it's ok

[*]I've tried to check fan #2 (the one that's blowing over the lamp) but I seem to be having some problems moving the light engine assembly. The screws are easy to remove and it's easy to unhook the DVI cable. The difficult part is to get those wires that are plugged into the DMD board on the far left. I've read one guide that said to "pinch" them but no matter which way I seem to pinch them they do not release tension to allow removal. For what it's worth as far as I can tell that fan seems to spin freely but I'm not 100% sure if it's operational. From what I've seen typically the set will display a warning if that fan is having problems but I have not seen any fan warning messages pop up on my screen so it might be just fine

Any ideas that you folks can give me would be greatly appreciated.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HL-S4266W powers off after 1 minute of picture

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:07 pm

Hey !

The LED lights indicate whether a DLP TV is working properly. For example, if all three LEDs are blinking, whatever the configuration, the most common cause is that the DLP lamp or light engine is failing
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”