Front case/screen removal HL-S and HL-T models

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Front case/screen removal HL-S and HL-T models

Postby appleads » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:37 am

Recently I acquired a 61 inch Samsung from a recycling yard and I'm trying to get it working again. Its got a bad DVI board I think, judging from the rust and crud on the components, but it ALSO has a power on button on the front that seems to be broken. I thought I would just remove the "bezel" that surrounds the front of the TV in order to get at this "blue glowing power on button." However, after removing umpteen screws from the perimeter of the cabinet, AND reaching inside and removing screws located deep inside the cabinet, I can't seem to get the front bezel off this tv. What am I doing wrong? I want to get to that power button and the only way I can see getting to it, is by pulling that front "panel" off the set. Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by appleads on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Front case/screen removal HL-S and HL-T models

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Hello appleads,

I believe the front is not the way to get to the power button. I believe the back is where you would need to go through. I am confirming this and will post more information shortly. I wanted to advise now of the possibility of going about this the wrong way so that you don't end up removing the whole front panel. Please allow me a couple hours or so to get you more information.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Thanks. I have previously removed everything via the back (virtually all the 'guts') and didn't come close to seeing the speakers or the power on button. So I was left thinking it was the front that needed to come off. It may be that the bottom is involved as well. Or maybe there's a panel at the very back of the rear, below the screen that gives access.

Thanks for your help.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Hello,

The back should be the way to get to this button although you might have to remove a board or two to get to it. Please let me know if your able to get to it or not.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:25 am

Well chalk this one up to working in a room with only overhead lights. I had neglected to see four screws at the very top of the "bezel" that undo from the rear. Finding and removing these released the front screen and revealed the speakers and the off/on button. these are NOT accessible from the rear unless you can somehow manage to undo what I'll call the "chassis carrier assembly" which is everything that houses the electronics except for the 2 speakers and the on/off button in front. I tried first to get this loose, but never succeeded, so I went back to trying to remove the front bezel. I now have the front screen off and can access the off/on button board. Just haven't figured how to remove that button board so I can replace it, as it seems to be not only secured by a screw (easy enough) but also glued into position (that's the rub).

Return to “Samsung Discussion”