Contributor
Contributor

HL61A750A1FXZA Symptoms, Trials and solution

Postby exdesir » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:31 am

Hello All, I acquired a 2008 Samsung HL61A750A1FXZA where the symptoms were:

Set comes on when plugged in wall

The blue circle power button does not turn off set

volume quickly lowere to zoro

on side control panel, only menu and volume are active but does nothing for volume and menu is useless without the active channel buttons working

The set has clear picture

and sometime a blue banner stays on the screen with the words "No Information"

Trials:

purchased main power board and set worked for about an hour then back to symptoms above. I re-solder almost every contact on my original board and again everything worked but this time for 10 minutes.

that told me the problem is somewhere else.

solution:

removed the other power supply board ( standing up right located to far right if you are sitting behind your set) and found large cap 450v 100uf so very slightly swollen on top (Attaching pics of old and new cap).

Replaced cap and as of now the set has been running flawless for 5 hours. Going to let it run till bed time and promise to update if I go back to square one.

Hope this helps someone.

exdesir
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HL61A750A1FXZA Symptoms, Trials and solution

Postby exdesir » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:10 pm

I'm sorry to say, everything went back to square one after 12 hours of no problems. I see a medium sized cap hidden between the bottom and top circuit board of the main board ( big board with all the a/v connections) will look into opening it tonight

sry

exdesir
Contributor
Contributor

Postby exdesir » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:33 am

ok the Cap sandwiched between the board looks fine. I dusted out every nook and crannies. when disconnect the ribbon cable from the side control buttons, the volume stays at whatever level i left it at. Once i reconnect the cable the volume bottoms out, big blue power button stops working and most other functions on side panels worked. I ordered a new side control panel and should be getting it in days.

exdesir
Contributor
Contributor

Postby exdesir » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Ok I just put in the side control PCB assy and will update status of set for 5 days or if it crashes and burns before. Currently it's up and running volume works as it should and set powers off. no smiley face yet..

exdesir
Contributor
Contributor

Postby exdesir » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:11 pm

One full day and all is good

exdesir
Contributor
Contributor

Postby exdesir » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Waiting for five days may be a bit of overkill but I think it's safe to say that the set is working at 100%.

Tip: check all caps and replace them before replacing control PCB.

I can just imagine how many sets made it to the scrap yard being that this is 2015.

Will post if the set craps out on me again.

thanks

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:01 am

Even the slightest bulge should make you suspect a bad cap, and replacing suspect caps is not only one of the least expensive fixes for these sets, but really not that difficult if you have a decent quality soldering iron. I have the cheapest one you could buy and I've successfully swapped out about a half dozen so far. Thanks for an excellent post and thread.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”