HLR5667W Color Wheel Guide?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jephph
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5667W Color Wheel Guide?

Postby jephph » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:48 pm

Hey guys. I replaced the color wheel on my tv a while back. It's presenting somewhat different symptoms this time (last time was whining, then tv wouldn't come on at all, this time, whining, tv is black and white). Anyway, I'm pretty sure the guide I used was on this site, but I can't find it anymore. It was perfect. Is there another guide somewhere that would work for my tv?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HLR5667W Color Wheel Guide?

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Hello,

The following link will take you to a youtube installation guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4pbNjsxfU.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

jephph
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jephph » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:34 pm

Not the same tv, but I think it will get me there. By the way. I opened the back of the tv, popped out the lamp, and plugged the tv in to see if I could better discern where the noise was coming from. It sounded like it was coming from behind the input panel. I unplugged the DVI cable, and plugged the tv back in, and the noise was gone. Does that still mean that it's the color wheel? Is there any other moving part that would move only when the DVI cable is plugged in?

jephph
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jephph » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:38 pm

Ok, so it was definitely a bad colorwheel. I got it taken apart, and the color wheel is shattered, and there are tiny pieces on top of the plastic that was laying beneath the color wheel. Can I just dump those pieces out and replace the color wheel, or will those pieces cause trouble?

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:09 am

Vacuum those glass shards out with your shop vac. then clean with a vacuum and synthetic duster everything you can reach, and lastly, blow out any remaining the dust. Taking the time to do a thorough cleaning will pay dividends in the long run. Be especially thorough with the fan blades, using a wet Q tip to clean blades front, back and on rotor shaft and into any passages you can possibly reach.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”