Black dots from wet screen / removing bottom panel

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
SuperDJA

Black dots from wet screen / removing bottom panel

Postby SuperDJA » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:04 am

Hi Everyone,

The other day, my precious five year old was helping my wife and I clean up the house and he thought it would be a great idea to spray glass cleaner on my Samsung (HL-T5076S) 50 inch DLP-TV. This has seeped into the screen and has created black dots/lines across the screen. I've tried to use a hairdryer to dry out the cleaner, but I'm afraid I was too late.

I've also tried to disassemble the TV to take apart the two screens in front (which is my understanding on how the Samsung DLPs are) and wipe off any excess moisture, but after taking off the back panel, I couldn't separate the bottom front panel (where the sound speakers and the Samsung blue light is) from the back panel. It seemed attached and I couldn't find a place to remove it, which made it impossible to remove the screens from the front bezel/case.

Does anyone have an idea on how to remove the screen from this tv or how to detach the bottom panel from the rest of the tv (or at least from the back panel?)

Also, has anyone dealt with this issue with this model? I'd love to hear how you fixed this issue. Thanks!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Black dots from wet screen / removing bottom panel

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:44 pm

Hello,

Can you please send pics to get a better idea of the exact situation ?

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

SuperDJA

Postby SuperDJA » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Hello.

Sorry for the late response. Here is the picture of the TV: http://imgur.com/nm5ebO4

(I tried to attached the picture as a file, but got the "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." message)

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:54 am

The front of the tv can be removed by carefully searching the perimeter of the set and un screwing all the screws that hold it into position. Many of these are deeply recessed hard to see unless you are in a well lit environment. However, looking at the image you provided, it seems to me that your DMD chip might be the cause--and it has the dreaded black snow. So you may want to let your "helper" out of his time out. Could just be a co incidence that the screen was sprayed and the chip went bad.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”