Synch-ing noise?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Synch-ing noise?

Postby appleads » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:49 am

I recently rescued a HL-S6167wx/xaa from destruction. After replacing the ballast, swapping out two capacitors on the power supply and installing a new quality lamp, the set is running fine. The picture looks great. But when I change channels, and sometimes while just watching a single channel, I can hear a sound I would like help identifying and dealing with. It sounds to me like the color wheel is "re synching" and trying to match its movements to what the signal requests. I call this synching up. The picture doesn't change, but you can sort of tell the TV is searching or trying to match the color wheel to the digital signal. At least that's my theory. Maybe it's something that is not associated with the color wheel "matching" up something. I still don't know how the color wheel actually supplies the right color at the right time for the right pixel, but I'll leave that for another post. Any idea what my "synching sound" is??? Is my color wheel going bad? Or is this a normal noise for this set? The fact that the picture is virtually perfect makes me think it's just something I hadn't been hearing before. But the fact I CAN hear it, makes me think the color wheel bearing may be going bad. Any thoughts?

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: Synch-ing noise?

Postby appleads » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:08 pm

It was a bad color wheel. Or to be more accurate, a color wheel in the throes of death. The fact that it was still working was what threw me off. But it didn't work for long, and now that it's dead, I can order a new one and get this one up and running again.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”