Samsung Dlp's Refurbished

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Samsung Dlp's Refurbished

Postby appleads » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:08 am

I have been refurbishing as many HL-S and HL-T version Samsung's as I can, saving them from landfills. I have a 72 inch, 2 LED driven 61's, a "thin" 61, an LED driven 50" and a couple more of these wonderful sets that are ready for new owners. If you will go to Craigslist Atlanta and search "Samsung DLP" you'll see them listed, among many others that various owners have for sale. If it says "Save A Samsung" it's one of mine.

mike98

Re: Samsung Dlp's Refurbished

Postby mike98 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:07 am

Wondering if you could point me in the right direction, I am new to the blog so not aware of the etiquette but I see you have one of the most recent posts.

Thanks!!

Hi guys, Mike98 here. I am trying to fix my Toshiba DLP 52HM84 and have not had great success. First time blogger, and first time tv repair attempt. Please help. I have purchased a new lamp - that did not work. Then I soldered 5 new parts onto the ballast PCB. Luckily I didn't break anything(I don't think) because the TV still trys to start. When I turn it on i can hear the power start to spool up but the image never projects. I am at a loss.

THANKS!!

mike98

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: Samsung Dlp's Refurbished

Postby appleads » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:55 pm

There should be a Toshiba specific section for you to converse with other owners elsewhere on this forum. My experience is limited to only Samsung TV's I'm afraid. If you've replaced the lamp, and the ballast is working correctly, your next suspect would be the color wheel. You might try buying used parts that are guaranteed to be good, to avoid the expense of buying too many new parts. You'll reach an economic point of no return fairly quickly, given how TV prices have dropped over the years. Any DLP that requires more than about $200 in parts, is just a waste of money and should be parted out instead of repaired, IMHO.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”