Samsung HL-P5063W for refurb or parts

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Scott33470

Samsung HL-P5063W for refurb or parts

Postby Scott33470 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:57 am

Hi all,

If you're in the south Florida area and want this TV, you're welcome to come get it. It needs a color wheel at the very least.

My boss gave me this TV, he said he had tried a lamp and it didn't work, was thinking ballast. I thank everyone for the volumes of material here. I bought a lamp anyway just to eliminate that possibility. Checked some voltages, I have HV to the ballast. He had replaced the color wheel years ago and thought it couldn't be that- well, I pulled the lamp out and bypassed the safety switch. I can see the color wheel in the aperture the lamp shines through- on power up it doesn't even flinch. It is my understanding that the wheel is supposed to spin up as part of the power-up and reach RPM before the ballast fires the lamp. I checked the caps on the ballast, they seem OK.

I already have a 50" plasma that I barely use, don't really need this TV too, but I know there are a lot of folks out there that may want to fix this one or use it for parts.

Hit me up if you want it. I get around so we can work something out.

I don't know where the remote is. I don't think my boss gave it to me.

Thanks,

Scott

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Samsung HL-P5063W for refurb or parts

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Sounds like a sweet deal going on in South Florida. Thanks for sharing with us Scott. Hopefully the set will be of good use to someone which i'm sure it will be. Have a good weekend.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”