Samsung HLT 6176s no picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
vikingloco

Samsung HLT 6176s no picture

Postby vikingloco » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:52 pm

I have a Samsung hlt 6176s, 8 yrs old, and all I get is a black screen when i turn it on. When it powers itself off there are no blinking lights, just goes into standby mode. At first it would take 5 to 10 mins to turn on, now i'm up to an hour to get it to turn on. Newer bulb, turns on bright, replaced the color wheel, all fans working. After reading some of the posts don't know if I should replace the ballast, DMD board or the main board. Bulb turns on and doesn't flicker so I'm assuming its not the ballast? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really like this tv.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Samsung HLT 6176s no picture

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:55 pm

Hello,

You mentioned that you get no picture but that the bulb is bright. Are you saying that the bulb is always on but you still have no picture or does the bulb turn on only sometimes ?
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

vikingloco

Postby vikingloco » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi, thanks for responding. When i power the set on, the bulb turns on, no on and off no flickering, fans are working, color wheel is spinning, just no picture or sound, set then turns itself off to standby mode. Does this for about an hour then i will actually get a picture.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Hello,

If your ballast has never been replaced more likely that's gonna be your problem. The thing is that with time the ballast no longer puts out the voltage the lamp needs to ignite and or to remain lit. Just cause there is no flicker doesn't mean the ballast is good. The ballast actually is the second most common part to fail so if it hasn't been replaced before it's more likely time to do it.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:33 am

I agree, start with the ballast, but I would also start looking to find a DVI board for this set. If the bulb is lighting, the color wheel is spinning, and the fans are cooling, it seems like no video signal is reaching the DMD. that would point the finger at the DVI/analog board. You might try some different inputs, different sources and see if any of those signals are being processed correctly. It could be just a single "chip" on the video processing portion of the set that is killing the picture. Let us know how it turns out.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”