Samsung drivin me nuts

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bamagator
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung drivin me nuts

Postby bamagator » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:30 pm

I have a Samsung HLR6167WX/XAA . I replaced the ballast as it was the only component I haven't changed yet. Now the unit shuts off after a couple of hours. You can instantly turn it back on then in a few minutes it will go back off. This was never an issue before. It it possible I got a bad ballast ? Or is it perhaps something else?

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: Samsung drivin me nuts

Postby appleads » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:37 pm

If you have faith in the bulb, then chances are the ballast is again going bad. If the bulb was a cheapo version, you might suspect that first, only this time, buy a genuine branded version--osram or phillips you'll see recommended here. Yes they cost twice as much, but they last 5 time longer. As for the ballast going bad, unless you were able to buy a new ballast, I would highly suspect a used ballast could easily fail in the short time since you've replaced it. Let us know how it all turns out. We all learn a lot from this forum.

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: Samsung drivin me nuts

Postby appleads » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:40 am

The other possibility is heat. These sets are good at shutting off to protect themselves if anything is amiss. Are your fan blades dirty? Get 'em spotless. If they are clean, you might replace them (pretty cheap) ALSO the sensor ABOVE the lamp can go bad, so change that out too for a couple of bucks if nothing else works.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”