No Fix So Far, Can Anyone Help?!?!?!?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
gudziel1482

No Fix So Far, Can Anyone Help?!?!?!?

Postby gudziel1482 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Hello FYD.com!!!!

First of all, I have to start off by saying thank you so far for all that this website has had to offer. With that said, I am in a bit of a jam, and hopefully I can receive some help. Also, sorry for how wordy this may appear, but it is pretty simple.

TV Model: HL-T4675S (owned for 3+ yrs)

FIRST BULB
One morning my gf and I were watching TV for a few hours, and then decided to go out. Everything worked fine. Came back a few hours later, turned the TV on and received the three blinking lights at the front. After a quick troubleshooting look-up in the manual, I came to the realization that the bulb needed to be replaced. So I bought a new Philips bulb online and easily replaced it. The new bulb worked for about a month, until I received a call from my gf notifying me that the TV was out again. When I got home that day, I removed the lamp housing to check the bulb, only to see that there was no noticeable filament or bulb burnout. No problems at all. After I reinstalled the housing, I plugged the TV into the outlet, and the TV immediately powered itself on, but still came to the three blinking lights. The TV would not stop trying to repower itself. So I left it unplugged and thought it would be a balast issue. I decided that it was probably going to be a waste of time to call the repair man, as well as a waste of money when I can do it myself.
SECOND BULB
I ordered another Philips bulb, replaced it. The TV still powered itself on upon plugging in. I found the "lamp clock reset" thread and attempted to enter that, but the TV would still power itself up without me hitting power, so I could not enter the menu page. So I thought it was a balast which I purchased off of DM.
BALAST
After successfully replacing the balast, I held my breath and plugged the TV back into the wall. It, once again, immediately powered itself up and went into the three light routine. To my dismay, I unplugged and removed the back panel and plugged back in. I do get a board lighting up inside, as I see a green LED on the mainboard to my left. All fans run, my lamp is not powering up at all. So I am only left with the colorwheel. When I was looking at the back end of the TV, my hand brushed up against the fan which briefly disturbed it's operation. This powered the TV down. I plugged it back in and it immediately re-powered itself.
COLORWHEEL
The colorwheel is making a small whirling sound from the spinning of the color wheel. But it isn't loud. You only hear it when you are in the back of the TV. It has been making this noise for as long as I can remember. I didn't think it was an issue because it wasn't a sound that could be considered "grinding" or anything like that. I removed the lamp housing to look at the color wheel upon TV power-up. The wheel spins, and fast. I purchased a new colorwheel from DM and just received it. I will install it today after work. But DO NOT believe this is contributing to the automatic power-up of the TV.

Everything inside the TV is cleaned out with no dust residing. I am at a loss here. Can anyone please offer some advice?

TYIA

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: No Fix So Far, Can Anyone Help?!?!?!?

Postby BYO » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:21 pm

:mrgreen: Hi,

With all the troubleshooting you have done there is only 2 more simple things to check and those are:

1.- Temp Sensor
2.- Lamp Door Sensor

Check continuity on temp sensor and also onLamp Door Sensor at the ON position. If there is no continuity you will need to change it.
The event you mention with the fan sounds more like a temp sensor issue.....
:geek:
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

Return to “Samsung Discussion”