Samsung HL-R6167WAX/XAA shadow left side screen to

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
guitarman051
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HL-R6167WAX/XAA shadow left side screen to

Postby guitarman051 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:15 pm

My Samsung 61" DLP has a shadow line,you can see throught it,left side screen 2" wide from top to bottom and only effective on full screen or wide screen. Any ideas it was moved tomy new location to my sons new house. :?:

jaeziro
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HL-R6167WAX/XAA shadow left side screen to

Postby jaeziro » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 am

hi, I have the same problem. Did you ever get this fixed and what was the problem?

thanks for your help

FixItMeself
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby FixItMeself » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Somone else had a similiar issue and the answer by "techmaster" was as follows:

"Ok.... what you have here is a light tunnel issue. When you take out the light tunnel there will be a piece of "ALMOST CLEAR" plastic on the small lens which has shifted into the viewing area which is why you can still see the picture "behind the shadow. All you have to do is carefully slide it back into place so that it is re-centered again as when first made. DO NOT SCRATCH THE LENS or attempt to glue it into place. Once you reposition it, it should stay there for quite some time before it shifts again...if ever. Hope this helps."

I have the same problem only at the bottom of my screen... I am going to try the above.
If you wish to know the results you can see it on this topic: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9458

Good luck! :)

Tsawyer1
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Tsawyer1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:06 pm

There was a hidden recall by samsung on this issue got mine fixed under warr after 5 yrs old mirrors come loose you canot reposition them once they are loose must be replaced.

FixItMeself
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby FixItMeself » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Yeah, unfortunately that ended in April for my model and on October 22 for others.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”