Samsung HLS4266WX/XAA trouble. Please help.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
arcademike
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLS4266WX/XAA trouble. Please help.

Postby arcademike » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Hey,
I have a Samsung HL-S4266W tv that starts great and has a beautiful picture for a couple of minutes then the lamp cuts off and the 10 seconds later the sound cuts off and the 3 lights start to blink. I can turn it back on and it repeats the same thing over again. I added a new bulb and even tried a new ballast. I also reset the lamp timer but it still does it. I bypassed the lamp door switch and the temp sensor but it did not help. I don't hear any weird noises from the color wheel and when it does run the picture is awesome. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is? I hate to put any more money into this tv and my wife is telling me to trash it but I really don't want to if I can fix it cheap.
Thanks,
Mike

arcademike
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HLS4266WX/XAA trouble. Please help.

Postby arcademike » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Hey, The tv is a quiet at start up and running. There is a slight winding sound at shut down but it can barely be heard.

arcademike
Contributor
Contributor

Postby arcademike » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Will a cheap bulb cause the same problem? It had a older Phillips bulb when the trouble started and I bought a cheap replacement bulb but it did not have a name on it and I'm thinking it was a Chinese knock off.

romerovideo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby romerovideo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:45 am

You should have stayed with another Philips. There alot of cheap clones out there. Not sure if that would cause your current problem. Just might be the case tho. I bought the real deal for mine from DM.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”