HLR5656WX/XAA Black and white picture and Shadow

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Kreator75
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5656WX/XAA Black and white picture and Shadow

Postby Kreator75 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:50 am

This TV was given to me by a friend, and I see why... First thing I did was replace the lamp (yes it was visably shattered). I fired it up and got only a black and white picture with about a 4" wide shadow down the left side. After pulling it apart I notice the color wheel shattered. Ok that answered the color issue. But before I order a new wheel I was concerned about the shadow. Upon alot of googling, I saw this to be a common problem with Samsung units made around 2005-6. Apparently there was a class action lawsuit filed due to the light tunnel mirrors being defective. I have seen some people say its the DMD board? Any input is appriciated, thank you. I am going to call the Samsung number for the class action lawsuit tomorrow and will repost my progress.

Kreator75
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLR5656WX/XAA Black and white picture and Shadow

Postby Kreator75 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:50 pm

*Update*

Samsung is still covering the repairs for the light tunnel issue on these TVs. Serviceman came out today and replaced it no charge.

Rob1962

Re: HLR5656W no power, no noises nor LED flashing

Postby Rob1962 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Hello I need some help ! I have an HLR5656w, not powering up at all, no funny noises, non of the led's come on, it is totally dead, I left it in the storage for a few months until I found this forum and I decided to work on it,any ideas of what could be?
I ispected the power board to see if an obvious problem, capacitors look normal...

thanks for your help

Return to “Samsung Discussion”