HLS6187WX/XAA screen dark all of a sudden

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
copaaz

HLS6187WX/XAA screen dark all of a sudden

Postby copaaz » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:36 pm

I have this model Samsung and the screen has turned very dark. We can still we the picture, but not very well. The picture is now much darker than it should be. I'm thinking that it should be the bulb/lamp. I have search for said lamp and I think this is the one. Can anyone confirm what lamp to use.

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: HLS6187WX/XAA screen dark all of a sudden

Postby rougeleader » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:30 am

yup, this is the correct lamp, just make sure you get a philips!

bella23andres

Postby bella23andres » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:22 pm

I have a HLP5063WX/XAA and it too has gotten dark. No lamp indicator lights just all over picture darker. How do I know if it's a ballast or a lamp issue? I've been told both. Thanks for any help!

Taxkiller

Postby Taxkiller » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Rougeleader:
Is it possible you are an actual technician? If so bless you for being willing to help people who just want their TV to work. I have found the lack of information for Samsung DLP HDTV to be lacking in any comprehensive and cohesive collection most frustrating.
Samsung could do so much better by their customers than they are doing. I appreciate that you and other technicians make a living doing this work but I am also sure Samsung could make this process a lot more user friendly for those who are able to do the repairs themselves.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”