HL-T5075S - Won't turn on. Sound familiar?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
sirveyor

HL-T5075S - Won't turn on. Sound familiar?

Postby sirveyor » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:47 am

First of all let me say this board has a lot of great info. I have spent a great deal of time reading and haven't quite found a problem like I am having. Some are similar.

Last night I pushed the button on the front of the set to turn it off and the set stayed on. I tried the remote and it still would not turn off. I finally held the button depressed and after a few seconds the sound stopped and the picture froze but still would not turn off. I unplugged it and waited about 30 seconds and plugged it back in. The green lamp light came on to indicate it was warming up. I could tell the lamp was on because of the bright light on the wall behind the set. After a minute or two the green light stopped blinking and went out. Tried the power button and nothing happened. Tried the remote and nothing happened. About four or five minutes later all three lights started blinking. This morning I replaced the lamp with a new one I had on hand to see if it was a bad lamp. Still will not display any video or produce any sound. I pulled the back panel off and cleaned out the inside and pulled the components out to get part numbers while I had the back open. The fans are running, the color wheel is spinning and the lamp is lit all while the cover switch is not in the down position. Changing the position of the cover switch made no difference.

In a nut shell.
Plug in the power.
Lamp lights bright.
Front panel green lamp light blinks for a minute or two.
Front panel green light stops blinking and goes out. (Lamp, fans and color wheel still energized)
All three front panel lights start blinking after four or five minutes.(Lamp, fans and color wheel still energized).
Front power button and remote have no effect.
Unplug.

After all I have read I believe this must be a digital video board. Any thoughts anyone would like to share before I start throwing cash at this set?

Thanks in advance.

Update: Notice today that the remote will cause the timer led on the front of the set to flash once for every remote button pressed.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HL-T5075S - Won't turn on. Sound familiar?

Postby grayfox » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:37 pm

Hello sirveyor,
BEcause the TV stayed on after you pressed the power button I am a little more inclined on your set having an Issue with the DMD board. Some of the symptoms associated with digital video boards are distortion on the screen, you do no mention any of this, however the dmd board can cause some other errors (like the remote control functions and TV neglecting input).
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

sirveyor

Re: HL-T5075S - Won't turn on. Sound familiar?

Postby sirveyor » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:15 am

Hello pepe,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Now this gives me a place to start. Much appreciated. :D

Return to “Samsung Discussion”