HELP!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
michaely
Contributor
Contributor

HELP!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Postby michaely » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:27 pm

I REPLACED LAMP AND COLOR WHEEL IN MY HLS5686W AND NOW IT WONT TURN ON AND LAMP WONT FIRE??? IS IT THE BALLAST? NEVER WORKED ON A DLP BEFORE,HOPE IE IS SOMETHING SIMPLE! NO I DONT HAVE THE JUMPER ON MY LIGHT ENGINE SO THATS NOT IT EITHER... I CAN FORCE THE BALLAST TO FIRE BUT COLOR WHEEL WILL NOT SPIN AT ALL... BOTH ITEMS ARE NEW AND NOT USED AND I TOOK GREAT CARE WHEN INSTALLING THEM. PLEASE ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Postby grayfox » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

hello michaely,
Well technically speaking yes the ballast would be the next logical part to try since these 3 (lamp, ballast, colorwheel) are the most common consumable parts DLP televisions have that need replacement. But before we go into deeper trouble shooting, how is it that you can force the ballast to start? does it ignite your lamp?
Even though I am 90% sure this is going to be a ballast issue, how did you come to replace a colorwheel? tech advice or shatter etc...
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

michaely
Contributor
Contributor

Postby michaely » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 am

tv would come on for like 5 min or so then turn off,three lights flash on front.checked samsung they said lamp=already replaced so they said color wheel so i bought that new as well! the tech said the lights flashing five false reading sometimes meaning that in manual it says lamp but it means also color wheel.or are they just going through the order of the parts? meaning like you said lamp,color wheel and ballast??? seems to me like ballast since lamp and color wheel are new and doesn't the ballast send the signal to spin the color wheel??? there is a cable going from ballast to dmd board guessing that tells dmd board lamp is firing and to spin color wheel??? i am new to this but know computers been building them for 17 years...!!!...

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby johnrot » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Sup

during those 5 minutes that the tv is on, anykind of noises or something out of the normal? clicks? also the lamp door cover swithc is well closed right?
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

michaely
Contributor
Contributor

Postby michaely » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:54 am

the lamp door was closed... ive taught myself how to work on these dlp tvs in a few days! the problem was the color wheel was not spinning at 5400 rpm telling the ballast to fire. i will explain the process as i learned it from scratch....hopefully this will help others,i crammed 5 years of dlp technology in my head in two days...
in a perfect world:
1:hit the power button
2:dmd reads power and looks for color wheel to spin@ 5400 rpm=good spin then ballast fires,bad spin or no spin ballast wont fire gives code of bad lamp
the3 blinking light code according to manual and samsung means lamp,but i learned it can also mean color wheel and or ballast.
power,color wheel spins,ballast fires dmd sends signal everything ok and video is then displayed.if you have no spinning color wheel it can be dmd board or the color wheel or even the speed sensor on the color wheel! most likeky its speed sensor on color wheel wont go any farther either way. tv will shut off,dmd board and color wheel are the to important factors for tv starting.

i had 2 samsung dlp 56 inch tvs a hlr 5667w and a hls 5686w hlr had bad video chip because of blinking picture and freezing:" the video chip was the cause i believe. in the hls which is why i started the thread in the first place the dmd appeared to be the culprit why? new lamp,new color wheel,new ballast and my logic says dmd board not reading lampspin to start ballast to fire lamp...here is what i did used dmd from hlr and installed it in the hls.built one tv from 2 combined parts that were supposidly incompatible! tv works great and had a tech come to inspect and said it looked better than any dlp he had seen,probably better than when it was manufactured! so i am quite happy...thanks

Return to “Samsung Discussion”