Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jszop
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with Samsung HLP4663WX/XAA

Postby jszop » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi -

Having problems with this TV and am looking for possible solutions or suggestions.

Current symptoms include (all happen intermittently with no rhyme or reason):

- the volume cannot be adjusted
- the screen goes black (but audio remains)
- cannot power off unit (must be unplugged)
- TV menu will not display
- picture gets distorted, such as very dark or bad color
- often, these problems occur shortly after turning on TV, such as in the AM

I vacuumed fans, etc. as best I could, especially when replacing the color wheel. I replaced the color wheel 4-6 weeks ago. I swapped the digital board a few weeks ago, too, but problems persist.

Lamp counter was recently reset manually, but lamp itself was replaced about 6 months ago.

Is there a way to diagnose the unit? Or does anyone have suggestions or similar experience? What could cause this wide range of problems?

Thank you!

jszop
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Problem with Samsung HLP4663WX/XAA

Postby jszop » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:48 am

Anyone?

plynch0604

Postby plynch0604 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:44 pm

jszop,

Having a similiar problem with my HLP4663WX/XAA.

I was just watching it one day when the screen froze on a "reverse negative / black and white blotch/blob" screen. I could not turn it off without unplugging. I left it unplugged a while and when I plugged it back in it would work perfectly for 5-10 minutes. Then the screen would go blank (with sound). I would unplug it and plug it back in and it would try to power up (ballast would click once), but I would get the 3 blinking lights on the front. I replaced the ballast and lamp (color wheel - 5 months old) and nothing really changed. After leaving it unplugged, I got it to power on to the menu screen on the display which I had set to a blue background. After 5 minutes the background changed to black and the remote and power button on the front went "dead" again. I had to unplug the set to get it turned off. After reading many forums I am almost sure it is the DMD board, mainly because of the black and white blob screen that started all the problems and the fact that I have a new ballast and lamp and a relatively new color wheel. I have had this set for 7 years and I am ready to give up and stop throwing more money at a set that is not as good as the new ones are at 1/3 the cost of what I paid 7 years ago.

jszop
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jszop » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:04 am

I believe I replaced that board too (BP94-02065A DIGITAL BOARD MODEL), and the issue persisted. We don't get the black/white issue anymore, now the problem is we can't always turn off the TV, so need to unplug it.

I suppose it is possible that the replacement board was defective, but I have given up trying to fix it and simply am living with the problem. (Fortunately, we don't watch much TV in summer.)

Return to “Samsung Discussion”