Samsung DLP Lamp Reset / Lamp Life Question

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jrlaw10
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung DLP Lamp Reset / Lamp Life Question

Postby jrlaw10 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi everyone. First timer here, so thanks in advance. I have a Samsung HLS7178 DLP set. The TV suddenly began to shut off after being on briefly. I had the 3 front lights blinking so after researching I assumed I had a lamp problem (the set is 4 years old). I purchased a new lamp on line and was able to install it easily. After installation the set continued to shut down. Based on what I have read here I went into the factory service mode. As directed by other posts, after entering the factory service mode I went into the option menu. At the entry "lamp clear" I hit enter. I exited the service made and waited 5 minutes. This worked and now the TV works fine (at least for 2 hours!!). Here's my questions (finally!): Next to the lamp clear option their is also a line item which says: "lamp life". It now reads 4785 hours. Is this a value that needs to be reset as well? I do not see any way to reset this! I believe this mean the set (4 years old) has been on and used for 4785 hours? I don't think it means that is how much time is left on the new bulb, but I am not sure! Should I reset or since everything is working fine do I just leave it alone? If I reset do I set it to "0". Thanks in advance!!!

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Samsung DLP Lamp Reset / Lamp Life Question

Postby rougeleader » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:54 pm

hi, welcome!
yeah, that means that your TV has 4785 hours under its belt, and if you reset the timer it will go down to 0, but this really does not affect it in any way except for the lamp replacement indicator!

hope this helps

gusergoo

Re: Samsung DLP Lamp Reset / Lamp Life Question

Postby gusergoo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:17 pm

hi I have the same tv and have had two different things that caused my tv to shut off besides needing a new bulb. 1. Double check to make SURE that you were given the exact bulb. My first replacment I was given a bulb that worked but wasn't exactly right and my tv would keep shutting off. I took it back and they gave me the right one and it stopped.
2. When a repairman came to replace a part he said that the switch on the door might also be malfunctioning (he said this was VERY common so he offered to disable it) This fixed the shut off problem. It is the one that is mentioned in the samsung bulb replacement, if it isn't working properly it can casue the tv to shut off. Good Luck!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”