HLR5667WAX/XAA turning off

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ritdel
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5667WAX/XAA turning off

Postby ritdel » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:28 pm

My DLP is turning off after being turned on for a couple of minutes. I do not hear any noise coming from the rear when this happens. The standby/temp and lamp blink several times when it turns off. I am able to turn the TV back on and it seems to be staying on with no problems.
I have replaced the DMD board and a new lamp back in March.

Please help with any suggestions!

Thanks for your time!

ritdel
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLR5667WAX/XAA turning off

Postby ritdel » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:13 pm

After reading and searching for answers, I am considering on ordering a ballast for the TV. Would this be the correct step to take? What ballast I am supposed to replace? Ballast for lamp, Lamp Ballast, or Ballast Assy.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:52 pm

That sounds like a good idea. how many hours are on the lamp? If the lamp is older it could make it happen too. you can check the lamp hours under the service menu by having the power off and pressing on the remote. mute 1 8 2 power and when the tv comes on it will come up to the serivce menu. dont change any settings if you dont know what your doing. the only one that is safe is the lamp reset counter but that should only be changed when the lamp is replaced.

ritdel
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ritdel » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:54 pm

After unplugging the ballast to read the part number, I plug the same ballast back on. The TV has been working with no issues.
Did it reset itself? Should I replace the ballast still? The picture still looks the same.

joe907
Contributor
Contributor

Postby joe907 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi Ritdel:

I had a similar problem a few years back on this same exact model. My problem was caused by a fault in the lever that determines if the lamp housing door is closed or not. Mine was getting stuck in the open position and every time I opened the lamp door it would unstick it and the tv would work normal for a bit but some how (I think do to the rise in temp with lamp being on) the lever would return to the open position. If you take a good look at the mechanism you can tell it is a cheap faulty design. I fixed it with a rubber band and the only time the problem came back was about a year later when the band broke and just replaced the band to fix it again. I am not sure if this will fix your problem but it may be worth a try.

Joe

ritdel
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ritdel » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 am

Thanks Joe for the information. TV still going with no issues.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”