samsung DLP

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
johnnylong
Contributor
Contributor

samsung DLP

Postby johnnylong » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:03 am

i have a samsung dlp Model # HLN617WX/XAA. After the tv is on for an hour or more the screen gets a bunch of white light flashes, kind of like a old horror flick special effects for lightning. What can this be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: samsung DLP

Postby grayfox » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:54 am

As a tech I would try the lamp first, my bet is on the ballast if you recently changed the lamp, are there any other symptoms?
A ballast is the second most common problem with RPTVs and it is one of the consumable parts that need replacement at least once during a projection TVs life span. Weak ballasts can ignite an older more “spent” lamp since the mercury quantity might be lower, but has problems when it is replaced with a new mercury rich lamp. A sure way to diagnose this problem is an electronic “arching” sound emitted during ignition, like a buzzing, that is the sound of the ballast not being able to generate the 15kv needed to ignite the lamp. Another indicator is the lamp error code, since the lamp is not igniting, TV automatically believes this is an issue with the lamp, unfortunately it has no sensor for the ballast!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

johnnylong
Contributor
Contributor

Postby johnnylong » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:37 am

no other symptoms that i have noticed. It is getting progressively worse. At present the picture turns into almost completely like a pictures negative. We shut the tv off for awhile and after an hour or more the picture will look normal then after an hour or so repeats the problem. It started as quick flashes like lightning now takes out the whole picture.

johnnylong
Contributor
Contributor

Postby johnnylong » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 am

Oh and thanks for the reply "pepe"

johnnylong
Contributor
Contributor

Postby johnnylong » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:41 am

oops one more thing. I did replace the bulb about 6 months ago. If that helps?

ronlandrette

Postby ronlandrette » Mon May 16, 2011 12:06 am

can anyone tell me if the ballast is the fix for the white lights issue? ive already put in a color wheel . light enginea and lamp there isnt much left

Return to “Samsung Discussion”