Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Manuel
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5067WX/XAA wont power on

Postby Manuel » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Hello again guys,

I have a samsung HLR5067WX/XAA, i reaplce early in the year the color wheel, last month the lamp, now my tv wont turn on. It does the clicking so when i press power but the lamp signal star blinking and it wont show any picture, no sound. After a while it ges to stand by mode (red light). Any ideas>? I already double check the blue clip on the back door but it properly placed.

Thanks and Merry C.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HLR5067WX/XAA wont power on

Postby Jason1976 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:57 pm

sure look behind the tv and see if the lamp is coming on. if it is then the most likely cause is the digital board. These sets are known to need a solder reflow of one of the chips. it may work or it may not work. a digital board can be bought from www.samsungparts.com everyone I know who has bought the digital board from www.discount-merchant.com has has issues of getting a bad digital board. that seems good at first but after so many hours of use they started to get the green plaid on the screen. I am guessing discoount merchant just test them for a little bit and doesn't give them long enough to show the common green plaid screen.

we talk about this issue a lot on www.hometheatershack.com some people have the green plaid screen and some have it were the tv just doesn't fully power up. the HL__67w is know for this issue. __ is for the screen size 46 thru 61.

SrMerlyn
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: HLR5067WX/XAA wont power on

Postby SrMerlyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:31 pm

I would take the lamp out and visually inspect it to make sure it's not defective. You can't always tell whether or not a lamp is defective just by looking at it, but sometimes the burner will shatter or the wire coming from the burner will be frosted. If it is the lamp make sure your purchase the OEM Philips lamp. I purchase color wheels, ballast, lamps, digital video boards and light engines from discount-merchant all the time and I have never had any problems.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”