HLT5076SX/XAA making a buzzing sound when powered.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Sogas

HLT5076SX/XAA making a buzzing sound when powered.

Postby Sogas » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:32 am

My HLT5076SX/XAA is making a buzzing sound when you power it on which lasts for approximately three seconds then in ten seconds it does it again. After the third cycle the three led lights on the front of the TV will blink until the tv is powered off and back on.

I have been told that it sounds like the color wheel but the buxxing sound doesn't sound like bearing going bad. It sounds more like the ballest trying to light the lamp. Can someone out there with a little more experience with these things give me a hand so I don't have to waste any more time and money than necessary to get the tv working again.

Thanks,

Andy

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: HLT5076SX/XAA making a buzzing sound when powered.

Postby rougeleader » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:21 pm

have you taken out the lamp to see if its popped?
some times the lamps explode and the electrodes are close enough that they arch, like a tazer and that causes a buzzing sound!

Sogas

Re: HLT5076SX/XAA making a buzzing sound when powered.

Postby Sogas » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:20 am

I pulled out the housing and the wire which was connected to the side of the bulb is charred and split. I have ordered a replacement which should be here tomorrow. It is a little chilly here. Should I allow the bulb to sit out at room temp for a couple of hours be for using it?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”