Lamp Cover Sensor Issue

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ryman5173
Contributor
Contributor

Lamp Cover Sensor Issue

Postby ryman5173 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:49 am

I have the Samsung HLP5674WX/XAA Rear Projection TV and last night the lamp went out. I did research and found out that I could replace myself. I was able to get the lamp out and afterwards decided to take the rest of the side panel off to clean the inside. When I got to the bottom of the side panel, I accidently disattached the cover sensor. Looking at the cover sensor microchip, I noticed 2 holes where the prongs of the switch attach. I then looked at the bottom of the switch and noticed it was held together by superglue. I then proceeded to re-glue it and reattach it to the cover. I recieved a new bulb today and installed. I closed all the panels so the cover sensor would go into affect and turned on the TV. Now I get a blinking lamp and standby/temp light. I think the sensor might be faulty now. Is there anyway to bypass?

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Lamp Cover Sensor Issue

Postby rougeleader » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:19 pm

you can by pass just by splicing the two wires, its is only a switch

ryman5173
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ryman5173 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Thank you. I have read it in this and other forums. When splicing, I've heard a few ways to do it. I've heard using speaker wire as a connection between the two wires. I've also heard soldering the 2 together. Unfortunatly, I don't have a soldering iron handy. Could you or anyone suggest a way for me to do this cheaply and effectivly? All help is much appreciated!

ryman5173
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ryman5173 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:23 pm

You were absolutly right! Splicing did work! If anybody is nervous about this, don't be... The wires to create this switch are made of speaker wire and splice very easily together. I looked for 12 hours yesterday for a solution and kept seeing different splicing methods but was terrified to screw up my TV. Now I know you don't need anything facy. Just cut the switch off and splice the two wires together like you would with a stereo speaker wire. You do not need the switch to run your tv. Just make the TV think it's closed. I had the side completly open when I tried mine out. Its an easy fix and when I called Samsung yesterday, they were gonna send a technician out which would have cost a bundle. Thank you RougeLeader!!! You saved me from a stroke!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”