Contributor
Contributor

Not Ballast, Lamp or Color Wheel. **SOLVED**

Postby DeusJuvat » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Long time reader, first time posting.

Model: Samsung HLP5063W
New Bulb: BP96-00608A E23h 100W/120W
New Color Wheel: BP96-00674A

TV powers up. Bulb lights up. Image on screen for 15 to 20 seconds then powers off with blinking 3 lights. (Timer, Lamp, Standby). No clicking. Air flow good and fans spin. Reset lamp timer.

I read that the ballast may not be able to sustain power to the lamp causing it to shut off. I was going to replace the ballast with 4422 400 01471 1 Lamp Ballast / Driver for SAMSUNG HLP5063W from DM but I wanted a second opinion. No voltage meter to use for testing.

Could it be a bad power supply board?

Thanks in advance!!
Last edited by DeusJuvat on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Ballast or Power Supply Board?

Postby rougeleader » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:34 pm

hi, welcome
i doubt the issue might be a power supply board, if it was, i doubt the TV would power on at all!
the issue most likely is the Ballast board

DeusJuvat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ballast or Power Supply Board?

Postby DeusJuvat » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Update - Replaced ballast with part # 9137 008 09205.

Same problem exists.

I guess it maybe the temperature sensor. I will try directing a fan to the back of the TV to see if that helps.

Is there a service manual on this site to download or does anybody know of a site that may have these?

Thanks

DeusJuvat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Not Ballast, Lamp or Color Wheel. Ideas?

Postby DeusJuvat » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:27 am

I put a fan directed at the back of the TV with the same results. There is plenty of cold air passing over the lamp and temp sensor.

Does anybody have an idea of what could still be causing this before I purchase AA41-00801D Temperature Sensor for SAMSUNG HLP5063W?

Is there a service manual available to find the correct reading from this sensor?

Thanks

DeusJuvat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Not Ballast, Lamp or Color Wheel. **SOLVED**

Postby DeusJuvat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:25 am

Spoiler Alert: It was the lamp all along.
I sent my recently purchased lamp and ballast back to DM for them to check out the parts to make sure they weren't defective. After 5 working days I received them back. I called DM and I was told that the parts checked out OK. After opening the box I noticed that these were not the exact parts I sent back but different ones. With that said I proceeded to install the new lamp and low and behold it worked. I ran the TV for 3 hours straight without it turning off.

Lesson learned: Make sure your lamp is checked before ordering more parts. Now I have an extra ballast ready for the next part to fail.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”