glow from ballast board - lamp wont fire up.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
steckermonkey
Contributor
Contributor

glow from ballast board - lamp wont fire up.

Postby steckermonkey » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:57 am

There is a glow from ballast board when tv is turned on. The tv previously worked good, now the lamp wont light up...but i can see the flash in the bulb like its trying to light up (3 times) and when it does that i see the ballast glow 3 times. Is the ballast supposed to do that? Could it just need a new lamp? This is a HL-R4667W model.

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: glow from ballast board - lamp wont fire up.

Postby rougeleader » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:51 pm

well, when you say a glow, do you mean like a LED light or more like a red hot glow???
if you could get pictures of the issue or maybe post a video on youtube, that would help a lot!!!

steckermonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Postby steckermonkey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:48 am

The "glow" occurs at the same time lamp is striking arc. It does it along with the arc being struck 3 times and shuts down with the 3 warnings on the front (the safety switch is taped in the down position while i was taking the pictures). I have read its supposed to glow during lamp start-up. Bulb is the original Osram about 4 years old. Is the glow normal? Can i replace the square Osram bulb with a square Phillips bulb or will it need a different ballast? I included a picture,but its rather small...i have a much better shot but it was too large to be uploaded here.
Attachments
P1000701.JPG
glow occurs at the same time lamp is striking arc.
P1000701.JPG (121.85 KiB) Viewed 5811 times

steckermonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Postby steckermonkey » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Ok...thanks anyway. Im going to replace the lamp in it only, and hope its the problem as nobody seems to know what the "glow" is coming from the ballast board.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”