HL-R6167WAX/XAA issues

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mcatusf
Contributor
Contributor

HL-R6167WAX/XAA issues

Postby mcatusf » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Howdy! am new to the board. I bought at an auction last night ($30) a HL-R6167WAX/XAA
problems in order:
1) got it home plugged the tv in switched to cable = green scrambled screen
& when attached coax green scramble screen of the cable picture

2) HDMI and Component ok so started watching through DVD player. Woke up this morning
tv would whirr on but no picture.

3)unplugged and replugged it in and it started up...for 10 min then on and off with squares
evenly spaced around the picture

any help is appreciated

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: HL-R6167WAX/XAA issues

Postby rougeleader » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:42 pm

well it seems that you may have several issues here:
1)if the cable setting and all other non digital inputs dont work (eg, coax input, rca input, and air antenna input) you may have a faulty analog board (what the analog board does is take a non digital signal and translates it to digital so the digital board can pick it up and send it to your DMD board so it can be displayed in your screen), i say this because you said that your HDMI works but, that input goes directly to your Digital video board and bypasses the analog board completely.

2)now image issues like coloring or squares in the image may be caused by 2 things, your color wheel that color the image, or your DMD board where the image is created. if you get something like a whirling sound while you have the image issue we may narrow it down to a color wheel issue, if not id think it may be the DMD board!

hope this helps!

mcatusf
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HL-R6167WAX/XAA issues

Postby mcatusf » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:16 am

Thanks for the reply. I found that the DMD chip is in fact fouled up. New question:
Where can I get a replacement board (preferably new)?
I had seen it on samsungparts.com however they have pretty low ratings in terms of
customer support and actually getting the parts out.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”