Samsung hlp5085w thurn off and on

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
frans66
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung hlp5085w thurn off and on

Postby frans66 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Hello I am from Holland and i have a problem I have a Samsung hlp5085w 50 dlp rear projection tv
I bought this while I knew he was broken (only 50 dollars) because I'm in love with the model

When i turn it on he play for 2 minutes and then turn itself off and then it turning itself on again to stay on for 1 minute then it turn itself off and then on again for seconds 10 to 15 and this co one and one
there are no warning lights or symbols there are no sounds when it,s turning off (no clicing,Crackling or the bzzzzzzt) the fan is oke, the bulp is oke i think because he is on light and normal fire
bad ballast ??
bad Temperature Sensor i hope not i can not find this article please i can use some help , p.s. sorry if my English is not so good

SrMerlyn
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: Samsung hlp5085w thurn off and on

Postby SrMerlyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Do you get an image at any point? If there is no image and the TV is cycling on 3 times that usually indicates a bad color wheel. If you get an image and it is working intermittently then it is probably the lamp or ballast. I would take the lamp out and check the date code to see how old it is. If it's the OEM Philips lamp the date code will be on a white sticker if it was manufactured after 2010, otherwise it will be located near the Philips stamp. It will read a letter and number. For example A9. A is the first letter of the alphabet and January the first month of the year. This would indicate the lamp was manufactured in January of 2009. If the lamp is 2 - 3 years and then it might just be a lamp problem.

frans66
Contributor
Contributor

Postby frans66 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:53 pm

hello
Thanks for the quick response

yes I have picture all the time ,but little on the dark side
and when it startup i see by for the picture appears something that looks like little clouds

so the letter on the lamp is D7 that would mean that the lamp of April 2007??
In this case I want to buy a new bulb first

Thank u

SrMerlyn
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby SrMerlyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:45 pm

That is what I would try first since the lamp is almost 4 years old. Make sure your purchase the OEM Philips lamp. I purchase a lot of parts from discount-merchant and they have very competitive prices on OEM lamps. Let me know if you continue to have problems after replacing the lamp.

frans66
Contributor
Contributor

Postby frans66 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:21 pm

thank you

I will let you know if i continue to have problems after replacing the lamp
but I think I have the bulb here in the Netherlands as the shipping order are
very high

thanks

frans66
Contributor