PCB CODE to P/N Identification ?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
DaveC
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

PCB CODE to P/N Identification ?

Postby DaveC » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Some time ago I needed to replace the Digital board on my set. Working through Justanswers at the time, I was given a Samsung Service Bulletin that stated that the "NEW" Digital Board which replaced the original board, also required that the Analog PCB be changed to a different board as well to avoid synch problems between the picture and audio. Well, like a good soldier, I ordered both of the new boards and installed them ( BP94-00434A, BP94-00385A). After putting the set back in place I discovered that I had no audio at all! Being disgusted with it all at the time, I left it and we have used external sound ever since. Recently, I had the CW go out, so now that I have the set apart I would like to resolve the audio issue. After checking all connections to the Analog board, I could find nothing wrong. I am now suspecting that I was not given the correct Analog board (iffy ebay source), or a bad board.

Since neither of the boards have a sticker or anything showing the P/Ns referenced above, I am hoping that someone on this forum has a source that shows the correct PCB code for the two replacement part numbers? If one or both of the boards are wrong and incompatible, that would explain the loss of sound. I believe the Digital board is probably correct since the picture was great and it came from a reputable parts supplier, but mistakes can happen. Neither Samsung or the sellers could help with this question.
Circuit board PCB stamps read as follows:

__DIGITAL BOARD__

B3KDIGITAL_V2.5
L62A
HLM617WX
AA41-00851B

__ANALOG BOARD__

B3K NANLOG BOARD V3.0
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD
MODEL : HLM507WX/XAA
CHASSIS : L62A
PCB CODE : AA41-00695B

DaveC
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Re: PCB CODE to P/N Identification ?

Postby DaveC » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Well, after some digging on the web, I believe I have confirmed that these are the correct parts, so now I need to figure out why I have no sound! I have the Service Manual, and it describes at a very general level how to test the analog board, but it doesn't tell you what kind of meter to use, or where to connect the leads on the various components. If any knows of detailed information somewhere on how to use a meter to perform these tests, I would be grateful.

MFR Part Number 1 Samsung BP94-00385A

Board Number(s) AA41-00851A, -00851B

PART# BP94-00434A

BOARD# AA91-05801A
AA41-00695B

Return to “Samsung Discussion”