Samsung hlt5075sx fan issue

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
samsungdlp50in
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung hlt5075sx fan issue

Postby samsungdlp50in » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:58 am

I was having a "Check fan. #2" error not long ago and had the fan replaced. Everything was working okay until the TV started shutting off on itself. I wondered why it did this when I replaced it with a new fan.

After a few times I would hear a buzzing sound and then the TV would run for a good 20 minutes and then shut off on itself with the 3 front panel lights blinking.

I suspect that the TV was turning off due to overheating issues, and I started up the TV again and checked to see if the fans were spinning and cooling the lamp. It was then I saw that the fans weren't spinning and so the TV had shut off again after a little while. I turned it on again and the only one of the fans was spinning, yet the TV had shut off another time. It wasn't till about a few more times later do the both fans #1 and #2 turn on and the TV works fine until the next power up.

Can anyone help me diagnose this problem? Do I have a faulty fan motor or do I need to replace Fan #1 as well? I'd like to know what the root of the issue is, and would like to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

Thanks in advance :)

samsungdlp50in
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung hlt5075sx fan issue

Postby samsungdlp50in » Tue May 08, 2012 7:47 pm

anyone?

DaveC
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Re: Samsung hlt5075sx fan issue

Postby DaveC » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:03 pm

If you take off the lamp cover and pull the lamp out, you can stick a screwdrive or the like in the slot with the cover sensor to trip the sensor and allow you to start the set. On mine, both fans begin spinning as soon as power is on. I would try a few on/off cycles to make certain both fans are on at power on. If one or the other stops, I would first check the wire connections on both ends. If nothing is loose and one or the other continues to stop, I would replace the fan. Also, please take no offense, but make certain both fans are oriented properly so air is moving in the correct direction.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”