Last Try...before parting this thing out !!!!!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
DaveC
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Last Try...before parting this thing out !!!!!

Postby DaveC » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:24 pm

This is my last try at seeing if there are any more bright ideas out there, that will lead to a fix.

Set: HLN567WX/XAA
Initial Symtom: Neither the lamp nor the CW would work when set was on (safety latch taped)

What I have done:
0) Checked the fans
1) Changed the bulb.
2) Changed the ballast
3) Changed the CW
4) Changed the DMD (w/o) chip

After changing the DMD, the lamp came on, the color wheel spun, and all fans worked. Problem is all I see is a screen with a couple of light colored horizontal lines across it. Swapped in my old DMD board, and original symtoms came back. So I am pretty certain it is the DMD. What I don't know is if the new (used)DMD I swapped in that got the lamp and CW working again is bad in some other way.....or if that "chip" (that thing that goes behind the square cut-out in the board with the heat synch on top) is bad? None of the BP96-00249C parts I could find at a reasonable cost were for the assembly, or included the "chip".

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Otherwise coughing up money I don't have for a Panasonic Plasma and taking a ride to Goodwill..

Thanks, Dave

light0070702
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Last Try...before parting this thing out !!!!!

Postby light0070702 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:54 pm

after you get the chip in dose the color wheel start up check if it dose if the color wheel spins up and your tv starys one then most likely its a bad chip or board also make sure the parts match one another as art number wise goes if that checks out make sure you seated it correctly if chip is good then board needs to be replace and double check your connections

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Last Try...before parting this thing out !!!!!

Postby grayfox » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:52 pm

I think if you remove the chip and get a part number off the chip itself you can find it online easily, then use that new chip on the DMD board that had everything working but gave you lines on screen. Its worth a try if you can find it cheap. Once you know the model let me know and ill help you look for one at a great price!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”