HL-R4677W Works fine then static/broad vert bars

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
RCSTL
Contributor
Contributor

HL-R4677W Works fine then static/broad vert bars

Postby RCSTL » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:56 pm

I have a HL-R4677W. It works great for a while when first turning it on...after about an hour the screen develops blinking broad white & black vertical bars...then it goes to black...the 3 lights on the front are off...I power off/on, lamp light blinks a couple of times and then goes off and the picture again is blinking broad white and black vertical bars...then it goes to black again...

If I leave it off for a few hours, it works fine for a while...then the above repeats...

The bulb is original (4 yrs old)...I replaced the color wheel 6 weeks ago...Any ideas?

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: HL-R4677W Works fine then static/broad vert bars

Postby Kelly » Mon May 04, 2009 4:50 pm

RCSTL,

It sounds lke your DMD chip is not working properly. So It can be either your DMD chip or DMD board. Your DMD chip houses millions of micro mirrors. The chip tilts back and forth very quickly, which causes the mirrors to also tilt back and forth and project the light and color onto your TV screen. Since your getting the black and white bars across your TV, something is either wrong with the chip or the board. The chip sits on the DMD board.

RCSTL
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RCSTL » Mon May 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Since I originally posted the symptoms have changed...now when I power it up I only get broad vertical white and black bars that are very dim with lots of static...

Does that still sound like the DMD chip? If so, is it something that I can change?

Thanks for your help...

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Kelly » Mon May 04, 2009 6:40 pm

Yes, it still sounds like the chip. You can replace it so you don't have to buy a new TV. Good luck and you're welcome.

RCSTL
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RCSTL » Mon May 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Do you know the part number for the DMD chip and where I might find it...I only find the complete DMD board at the partstore.com...$425.00

Thanks

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Kelly » Mon May 04, 2009 11:40 pm

I'm not sure what the part # is, but you may be able to find it in your owers manual. Let me know if you find it.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”