Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
TheBear
Contributor
Contributor

Rubbing on Light wheel - Need help

Postby TheBear » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Everyone

I have a Samsung SP67-L6HX DLP that I am fixing.. I'm replacing the Light Wheel at the moment but have come across a bit of a problem..

The old light wheel was rubbing on something scratching the glass wheel badly and probably causing the failure

The damage can be seen here ( scratches near the inside and on the outside edge)
20120916_180804.jpg
The Damage
20120916_180804.jpg (66.58 KiB) Viewed 4123 times

This is the culprit (I thing its called the light tube??). theres a thin metal bit that has bowed out and rubs the light wheel. I intend to remove it, straighten it and reinstall. but I'm not sure what it holds in or if I'm going to throw the light tube out of alignment or something
20120916_163016.jpg
The Culprit
20120916_163016.jpg (130.81 KiB) Viewed 4123 times

Has anyone delved this deep into one of these and can advise me. I'd hate to put in a new wheel and have it fail in a few days

Thanks

TheBear
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rubbing on Light wheel - Need help

Postby TheBear » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:43 am

well its taken a while but I got a new color wheel and installed it after fixing the bracket at the end of the light tunnel. fired the set up and got a great picture right of the bat... ran perfect for about an hour before I could hear the new color wheel start to rub.. it tool 10 seconds to bring it to a stop. now I get all 3 lights again.
so now Im gona pull it all apart again... see what damage has been done to the color wheel and try and sort this light tunel
ANY INFO on the light tunel would be appreciated... ANY
I have experience repairing lots of different technology but this is my first time in the back of a DLP. So I really hoping for some insight........

TheBear
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rubbing on Light wheel - Need help

Postby TheBear » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Well I took the set apart yet again , and pulled the color wheel. It had some scratches near the centre of the colored glass, thankfully not in the area used (ie the little round window). I pulled the light tube out this ime to try and reseat it and get more clearance from the color wheel. while I had the tube out I pulled the crome plate of the end and with a little gentle wiggleing I got the glass strips in the tube to drop back a bit. So I reassembled the light tube and reinstalledit. When I went toput the color wheel back I noticed the mount for the color wheel (closest to the light tube) had snaped at the base. This caused the wheel to sit up on the gasket and eat up any clearance I had. After staring at it for a while trying to work out the best way to fix the mount I used some loctite 406 to glue it back in place, drilled out the bottom of the hole and used a longer screw ( about 8mm). put it all back together and fired it up. Once again I got a geat picture.... lesson learned "DONT OVERTIGHTEN COLOR WHEEL SCREWS"

My New issue is with adjusting the picture.. I'm missing an inch or 2 of the left, top and right side and also have a black strip along the bottom (3/4 inch). still quite watchable but not quite 100%. I need to shrink the picture a bit and moove it down a tab. Does anyone know how to adjust the picture size and possition ?????

Thanx
Leith

Return to “Samsung Discussion”