Looking for Digital PCB Instal Instructions?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
DaveC
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Looking for Digital PCB Instal Instructions?

Postby DaveC » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:47 am

Looks like the Digital PCB board (BP94-00385A) needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where there might be installation instructions posted on the web? I have found them for Color wheels & Ballasts, but not for this part. Thanks

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Looking for Digital PCB Instal Instructions?

Postby Jake » Mon May 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Well i checked the fix your dlp website...and got no results and also checked the internet...
No results D:

But il;l keep looking for it...i dont know if you're still looking for it
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

cdwatters
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cdwatters » Fri May 08, 2009 1:47 am

I just did one on a HLN5065W, and found that it wasn't really that difficult. I should have taken more pictures.

I used the directions for changing the DMD to show how to get the TV apart. Pulled the back cover, removed the screws holding the analog board and the chassis, disconnected the chassis interlock, and slid everything out enough to get to the digital board. I did not disconnect ANYTHING except the cables on the digital board and the chassis interlock.

I labelled all of the cables on the right side (on my set) that were similar. Most of the other cables are dissimilar enough connecting them back was no problem. About the same technical level as replacing a computer motherboard. Before putting the back cover on, I held the chassis interlock closed, and fired up the set to a beautiful picture. Shut down and waited for the fans to stop, then finished reassembly.

I took my time, and it took about 90 minutes.

DaveC
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby DaveC » Tue May 12, 2009 2:14 am

Tman
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Tman » Sat May 16, 2009 2:13 pm

I needed to replace my digital board for my Samsung HL-R6067W and downloaded a service manual from the website below. I think it was about $15. I figured this would be a lot cheaper than a service call, not to mention it sounds like I will be needing instructions to remove/replace other parts on this set sooner or later based the problems others are having with these sets. The service manual is pretty easy to follow along with pics. I would recommend it.

Here is the link: http://www.servicemanuals.net

Here's the "kicker", been waiting 2 months for a digital board. DM or Samsung Parts cannot give any idea when they will have new boards. Samsungparts.com indicates these are on "national back order" . So my TV is just collecting dust. But if this part ever becomes available I will be glad I have that manual to put it back together! Right now I have all the parts and screws in labeled containers.

I am about ready to just buy another TV, and it won't be a Samsung...

Tman
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Tman » Sat May 16, 2009 2:32 pm

I just posted the wrong model number for my set, it is actually a HL-R5067W.

jjost
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jjost » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Tman, I also have an HL-R5067W for which I think I need to replace digital board. I'm a bit confused as to which part number to order. Which part number did you order, has arrived yet, and how did your installation go?

Thanks,
John

Return to “Samsung Discussion”