Problem with only component input 2

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
joe907
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with only component input 2

Postby joe907 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi a new problem popped up on my 5 year old Samsung HLR5667w. When a device is connected to component input 2 there is noticeable problems on the screen. If a ps3 or dvd player is connected there is ghost like horizontal lines in some areas of the display (typically where there is a graphic overlay on the screen). If I connect the wii to it the display flickers on certain wii applications (like the mii channel or nintendo channel) but is okay on other applications. I have had my wii connected on component 2 for at least a year with no problems until now. All 3 of these devices work fine on component input 1 with the same component cables. Also all other inputs including HDMI are working fine (I have not tried the pc connection).

Does anybody have an idea about what is causing this issue? I am hoping it maybe a setting on the TV that accidently got changed but I am thinking it may be a bad analog board. If it is a bad analog board is it possible that it only effects one input?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Problem with only component input 2

Postby grayfox » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:21 am

Hello,
I'm afraid it is highly unlikely that settings can cause disruption on a single input.. I think it may be time to replace the analog input board on your TV, it is relatively inexpensive and easy, plug and play, nothing to cut or solder, just a bunch of screws! =)
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

joe907
Contributor
Contributor

Postby joe907 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Angel Thanks for the reply. In your opinion will leaving the analog board alone cause further damage to other parts? I can live with having one bad input as long as it does not do furture damage.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:56 pm

In my previous experiences no, you should be fine, but in theory, other component input will start failing with time :|
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”