Help! Lamp comes on, no picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
SeanM
Contributor
Contributor

Help! Lamp comes on, no picture

Postby SeanM » Fri May 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi All - Any help is greatly appreciated. A few weeks ago my Samsung HL-T5075S started shutting off randomly while making buzzing noises. I immediately suspected the lamp and replaced that myself, but it did not fix the problem. I had a tech come to the house, and he diagnosed the problem as a bad ballast. He replaced the ballast a week ago, and everything was working fine until today. Today, the TV shut itself off (this time, without the buzzing noises). When I attempt to power it on, it makes the normal strong "click" and then nothing happens for about 30 seconds. After about half a minute, the lamp comes on, but I get no picture or sound. After about 3 minutes of this, it then turns itself off.

The TV is 14 months old, and like I said, it has a new lamp and ballast. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Help! Lamp comes on, no picture

Postby Kelly » Mon May 04, 2009 5:04 pm

SeanM,

The problem could be that your Ballast and lamp wattage are not matching up. You need to check to see if the lamp and Ballast are compatable with eachother. Get back to me with more info so I can help you trouble shoot.

SeanM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SeanM » Tue May 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Kelly » Tue May 05, 2009 7:02 pm

SeanM,

I would not go spending 600 bucks without a second opinion. I was thinking and it could also possibly be your color wheel.

SeanM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SeanM » Tue May 05, 2009 8:17 pm

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Kelly » Tue May 05, 2009 9:11 pm

I would say go for it! Just use the service manual to guide you. Best case you fix it and worse case it's still broken like you said. I mean these TV's are out dated now in our technology growing world anyway. If you can't fix it just get a new TV and make sure it's not a DLP. Good luck let me know how it comes out for you.

SeanM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SeanM » Tue May 05, 2009 9:58 pm

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Kelly » Tue May 05, 2009 11:45 pm

SeanM

I can't say for sure because I'm not there to see it you know what I mean. Because it may not be your DMD board it could be a number of things possibly your color wheel even. So it's really up to you.

SeanM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SeanM » Tue May 05, 2009 11:56 pm

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Kelly » Wed May 06, 2009 3:31 pm

SeanM,

It's really hit or miss you know. I can't be sure what the exact problem is with your case. I wish I could be of more help.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”