Samsung DLP TV Help

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
kamts

Samsung DLP TV Help

Postby kamts » Tue May 05, 2009 6:40 pm

You guys have a great board here

I am sure you have heard my problem a thousand times - but I am in need of advice.

I have a Samsung (piece of junk that loves to eat up my beer money) - it is a HL-R4677W that is about to be tossed into my pond.

After replacing many lamps - we finally were on a peaceful path. All of a sudden - the picture goes dark with the sound working well. Having said that - When we turned it off and back on - it will not show picture or sound.

I can see the lamp on and hear it ramp up and it does not turn off. I can also hear the fans blowing.

Can it be that the lamp is not good even though it is making some light?

Many thanks for any help and consideration.

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Samsung DLP TV Help

Postby Kelly » Tue May 05, 2009 6:58 pm

kamts,

Your lamp would not cause the sound to go out. Are you hearing any other strange noises coming from your TV? How long ago did you last replace your lamp? Please get back to me with more information so I can help you figure out your problem. Thanks.

kamts

Postby kamts » Tue May 05, 2009 7:06 pm

Kelly

Thanks for the quick response. There are no other noises that are different. We hear the ramp up whine when the power hits on - and the lamp powers up. Then we can hear the fans doing their thing. After about 30 seconds the front indicators stop blinking and all stays the same. So I am not getting any error codes up front.

I just replaced the lamp (since posting here) but no change.

many thanks

I defer to your experience and say thanks

kamts

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Tue May 05, 2009 7:14 pm

The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Kelly » Tue May 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Kamts,

Yeah that's a tough one I would have to say most likely your problem lies in the DMD board or light engine. I'd say quit wasting your beer money and just get a better TV make sure it's not a DLP!!! Good luck.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Tue May 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Actually I wouldn't generalize that all the DLP TVs are problematic, but definitely Samsung DLP TVs are. I recommend you to buy a DLP RCA or a Sony LCD projection TV and keep the change for beer ;)

HTH.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”