grahamcracker977
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLR4667WAX/XAA

Postby grahamcracker977 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:03 pm

My other half picked out this Samsung 46" DLP in January 06. Since that time:
Replaced the lamp 3 times
Replaced color wheel once
Thankfully, I purchased the service plan from Conns and it's good until January 2010 (it's more than paid for itself by now).
So, lamp just went out last week. Service tech came out this past Wednesday. He replaced lamp. Turned on TV and it took longer than average for the screen to come up.
It's now Friday. I come home from work Friday morning (work nights) and turn on the TV. I get the picture that many have posted on this forum...purple and green checkerboard pattern...etc.
The menu came up fine and the picture of the menu was clear (clutter was behind the menu display itself). I powered down TV and unplugged for five minutes.
Now, turn TV on and hear it click on...but picture never comes up and TV shuts itself down after a couple of minutes.
Checked lamp (even though this would technically void my warranty)...lamp code does not match code on side of my TV. I have an original code of BP96-0023A. The BP96 matches but the numbers are different after that (Philips bulb as replacement).
So, I guess my questions are:
Did the tech install the wrong bulb. This would not explain the purple/green checkerboard pattern
Is it the ballast?
Is it a combination of several things?
Conn's service is coming out yet again (another wait till next Wednesday). Previously, the fixes have worked immediately and lasted for almost a year.
I will never buy a Samsung or DLP style TV again!

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Samsung HLR4667WAX/XAA

Postby Kelly » Fri May 08, 2009 4:50 pm

grahamcracker977
Contributor
Contributor

Postby grahamcracker977 » Fri May 08, 2009 5:48 pm

No unusual sounds at all. Just the clicking on of the lamp and then off when it shuts down on it's own.
I checked the component cables first. I was getting picture distortion on cable input, DVD input, and gaming input.
It's the exact pattern/colors demonstrated by other posters on this forum...
Worked fine for 24 hours after the lamp install. Worked fine last night. Come home and turn it on this morning and the picture's jacked up.
Like I said, turned off, unplugged, checked lamp, etc. Now the lamp turns on but I get no picture.
The color wheel is maybe a year old.

grahamcracker977
Contributor
Contributor

Postby grahamcracker977 » Fri May 08, 2009 5:50 pm

So, unplugged the samsung and set it aside for next Wednesday.
Brought my bedroom TV out front (Vizio LCD).
Really wish we had researched this TV back in 2006. High maintanence.

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Kelly » Fri May 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Yes the Samsungs really are! I hear nothing, but problems with them. It seems like once you fix one thing something else goes wrong. It may be your Ballast, your Ballast is what ignites your lamp and if it's out it won't provide enough power for your lamp to light up. Usually your color wheel makes a loud humming noise when it's starting to fail. So your Samsung is really going to turn into a cash cow.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”