Forum rules
fresh
Contributor
Contributor

Can't access Service Menu on Samsung HLN617W

Postby fresh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi all,

TV is Samsung HLN617W.

When I press Mute (or Menu) + 1 + 8 + 2 + Power, the TV comes on but on whichever input I had selected before it was shut down, and not on the Service Menu. I simply can't seem to access the service menu. Am I doing something wrong?

I had accessed the service menu months before just to see the lamp hours and then exited.

My TV is shutting off intermittently and I have been reading that sometimes replacing the lamp can fix this issue after the lamp hours are cleared. Well, if I can't access the service menu, how will I reset the lamp hours?

Thanks in advance.

fresh
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can't access Service Menu on Samsung HLN617W

Postby fresh » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:51 am

Mystery solved... I am becoming my own expert helping my own self :) lol

Apparently, without input the service menu will not come up. You must have an active input (cable, dish, dvd, etc. on whatever input source) and then bring up the service menu.

Hopefully somebody will find this information helpful in the future.

Now to the next question: clearing the lamp live, what side effects does it have on an older lamp?

1)Will the TV send more juice to the lamp if it has 0 hours?
2)Or is it just a counter reset?

I have read so much, and some people say that by clearing the lamp hours, their auto-shutoff problem cleared (on a newer lamp). Also others that did clear lamp hours on an older lamp, and the lamp died within minutes.

Please advice and thank you.

Resist58
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Can't access Service Menu on Samsung HLN617W

Postby Resist58 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:07 am

1) No.

2) Yes.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”