Site Admin

Samsung DLP Problems

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:41 pm

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung DLP Problems

Postby admin » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:18 pm

That sure is a strange problem. The color wheel theory may be valid, but he’d have to have some funky picture or screeching noise, or any kind of winding noise if the color wheel was bad.

I’ve not heard that the plastic expands because the TV gets really hot, but anything is possible I suppose. The easy fix for that is to tape that door sensor shut. This is good practice just to check if the lamp is coming on while the back cover is open.
[i]"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today."

-Mark Twain[/i]

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:10 am

Jacob
Submitted on 2009/02/22 at 9:16pm

Samsung DLP 52″ is doing the same thing that joe’s and ray’s was doing. Picture freezes and then goes black. Does not allow you to turn tv off or switch to another source while it is turned black or frozen. I unplug it for a while and then it works fine for a while. ( A day or two at the most). Have a pc hooked up to it and it works fine, even while it is freezing up on component or hdmi (have satellite on comp. 2 and ps3 on hdmi comp.) I find that very odd. Please someone help me figure out what’s going on.

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Marc
Submitted on 2009/01/24 at 10:55am

My screen freezes on my Sammy HLN5065WX/XAA. The color is good and there is no noise. I replaced the color wheel an year earlier and had no issues since then. I’ve want to check the bulb life but I don’t have a service manual in how to get access to the service menu. I’ve seen comments on other blogs on how to do so but my remote has n o INFO button. The remote model is BP59-00016. 1) What may be the cause of the freeze screen issue?; 2) How do I get acces to the service menu to reset or check bulb hours?

virago

Postby virago » Tue May 12, 2009 7:17 pm

There is a solution to the Samsung DLP "white dot" problem, although Samsung denies one exists, I have found HUNDREDS of customers with the same problem.
Refer to this site, is has product codes to buy a new DLP chip and install instructions.

I urge everyone to write Samsung customer serivce and complain. There is talk on the net about a class action suit against them for this (though sadly I am Canadian and can not join).

I hope this helps everyone, I'm posting this link where ever I can.

samlauncher

Postby samlauncher » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:37 am

great information i ever got....
[url=http://dealzfirst.com/coupons/Samsung-Mobile-Prices-coupon-codes]Samsung Mobile Phones[/url]

Return to “Samsung Discussion”