61" hln617w... no power... please help

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
chubrok110
Contributor
Contributor

61" hln617w... no power... please help

Postby chubrok110 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:47 am

Hey guys.... I was hoping I would never have to post in this forum in this matter... but here I am. I have a 61" Samsung hln617w that is having some issues. Just some history... about 1 year ago I replaced the lamp(phillips). About 3 months ago I replaced the color wheel. About 1.5 years ago the Best Buy repair tech replaced the light engine under warranty. Anyway.... Last week my wife was home when the DIRECTV tech was installing a HD-DVR. To get behind the tv he needed to move it. He didn't turn it off before he moved it. My wife said that he just turned it so he could get behind it. The next day my wife was watching tv and it shut down without warning. She couldn't get it to fire back up. That is where I am today. I read just about every post on this site and have read some wonderful troubleshooting ideas. The three led lights on the front are basically useless since my 3-yr old decided to pull the wire while i was changing the color wheel and pulled the plug off. I kind of fixed it but the only light that works is the lamp light. I have read post from ovadoggvo about how to check the Ballast for power. I am showing 0v. at the ballast upon hitting the power button. The fans do not run... the color wheel does not spin...I have taken the color wheel out to confirm that it will spin by hand... there are no clicking noises coming from the ballast area. The only light on the front that lights up is the lamp led and that is only for a second... but it always did that... and like I stated before... the other two don't work anyway... The lamp does not fire. The only noise that is heard is on the left side (from behind) where the power cord is plugged in. It is just two clicks... Anyhelp you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at the lamp as well and it doesn't look like it is bad... Don't know for sure... ohh I have tried the "reset lamp timer" trick and nothing... Thanks again...

Chubrok110

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: 61" hln617w... no power... please help

Postby Jake » Mon May 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Hey whats up....

Well for what you're saying it seems that nothing works ._.

I can say that your problem is with the POWER SUPPLY.

or....it could be a chance that it could be that the DMD board is not working properly D:

Good luck....check your power supply first :D
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

chubrok110
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chubrok110 » Tue May 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks for your reply. Is there a way to check out the power supply before buying one? Thanks

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Jake » Wed May 27, 2009 3:15 pm

chubrok110
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chubrok110 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:38 pm

how do I tell if it is the main power supply or the aux power supply? Are there test points that I can look at? I checked the fuse on the aux power supply and it is good... Thanks

chubrok110
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chubrok110 » Fri May 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Could my problem be the color wheel sensor? When the wheel broke last time I just replaced the wheel... Not the housing. Could the DIRECTV guy have caused damage by moving the tv while it was powered on? Just wondering what you thought before I spend the money. Thanks

chubrok110
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chubrok110 » Sun May 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Well... The wife is getting very anxious to get the tv fixed so I guess I will order the main power supply for $79.00 and see if that works. If anyone has ideas in the meantime... Please don't hesatate to let me know. Thanks Jason

chubrok110
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chubrok110 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:39 pm

I will bave to wait until money gets a little better to start replacing parts on this thing. Hopefully i can get it right on the first try.

chubrok110
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chubrok110 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:41 am

Jake,
Can you or anyone else on here tell me how to test the power supply before I spend the money on a new one... Thanks...

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Jake » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:05 pm

OK! DUDE, sorry for the delay...

ok power supply... how can you check it.

Like i said before, if you think you can do it go ahead.
1.- check the fuse
2 check the voltage that your getting. AC 110/120V
3 check the outputs, they usually say whats the voltage that is going out.
5 volts, 10volts..etc. Like i said all of that info is in the board.

Follow the path... i.e:

Power supply ---> Video board --- FANS

if the power supply gives you a good reading but still the fans doesn't turn on, check the output for the fans...if it gives you a good reading now we know that the problem was with the fans.

If the video board doesn't give you a good reading on the voltage, now we know that the problem is with the video board that is not sending out the proper voltage to the Fans.

This is a more technical solution to locate the issue.

chubrok110
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chubrok110 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:23 pm

well I ordered the new power supply from DM and still nothing. I also replaced the LED board to be able to see what lights are lit. There is still zero volts getting to the ballast which tells me that something is telling the power supply not to send the power... but what??? As far as the LED lights on the front of the unit... ALL THREE are lit. They are faint but lit all the same... no flashing... and nothing happens to them when power button is pushed...please help... I cannot afford to keep dumping money into this thing...

Return to “Samsung Discussion”